9 silver, 2 indians, 34 wheats, buttons, tokens*VIDEO ADDED

goes4ever

Elite Member
Yesterday got up early and headed to Toledo Ohio with DiggerDan to help another forum member out who just bought an etrac. He contacted me and asked if I would be willing to help him get all his settings right, set up TTF and basically show him the ropes.

He told me his friend owned a lot of OLD rental properties and that was all he needed to tell me, I was ready to go! We did a marathon hunt, in 7.5 hours we hunted 6 properties. Mostly just front yards and one had a backyard. I wasn't wasting much time with nickel signals or iffy stuff. I wanted to cherry pick and hunt as fast as I could, to cover lots of ground.

All six houses were on the same street, 3 on one side, 3 on the other side. So we just walked all around, saved a lot of time. It was a a lot of fun, but I am sore today...lol, oddest spill of the day was a 1936 wheat and a 1860 fatty indian in same hole!!!! odd combo there.

All in all I recovered:

9 silver....1906-o barber quarter, 2 mercs, 4 rosies, sterling ring, and a small sterling pin from yellowstone park

2 indians a 1860 fatty and a 1905 indian

34 wheats, I actually started skipping them later in the day, because I got tired of digging.

2 buttons, one is possibly a Naval button? and help on ID?

couple tokens... one is destroyed, looks like it got into a fight with a lawnmower and sadly lost! Large Calvin Coolidge Token, it had a reeded edge and I thought it was a silver dollar in the hole.

1922 thing, back has a small 1/4 post, looks like it threaded onto something? The 1922 in enameled on brass, small locket, and a ladies compact.

Oh and about $3.00 in clad you see in dirty pic. I think I only dug about 5-6 junk items. I was skipping most iffy stuff and only digging good solid stuff.

Thanks to Reid (Reidmatrix) for the invite, sure hoped I helped with your etrac and it was a pleasure to meet and hunt with you!

1dirty.jpg

2total9-05-11.jpg

3navalbutton.jpg

4fattyand1905.jpg

9silvers.jpg

Unfortunately I did not get any full digs on my silver, most of them I did not expect them to be silver.

the barber quarter was 2" deep, so I thought I was digging clad.
The merc was in a area of bare dirt where a bush was removed...one inch deep
rosies were only 3-4" deep, once again I thought they were clad.
the sterling ring was JUST under the grass, not even completely buried yet. Thought it was a clad quarter. Only full dig I captured was Dan's silver quarter. But you can see the houses I hunted, the yards, back yard etc.....thanks for checking it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4QcWCbz1pE

Thats one hell of a hunt man!!! Congrats on all them silvers and goodies! WTG! I wish I could find one of them darm silvers! :)

How did the new guy do? dan?

I hope the new guy found something also!!

Reid found several wheats and a ton of clad..........Dan got silver quarter, a merc dime, about 20 wheats, 2 indians, ton of clad....he uses etrac as well

Dude - CONGRATS on the killer oppurtunity! :clap:

Quote: "34 wheats, I actually started skipping them later in the day, because I got tired of digging"

You know it's a crazy day when you know it's a wheat, but don't feel like digging :shock:

Fantastic asst of stuff you got there :)

Congrats !!

Quote: "34 wheats, I actually started skipping them later in the day, because I got tired of digging"

You know it's a crazy day when you know it's a wheat, but don't feel like digging :shock:

Fantastic asst of stuff you got there :)

Congrats !!

it was late in the day, I knew time was short...I was zeroing in on silver and indian signals!

Awesome!! They look great all cleaned up. When I saw the dirty pics, I thought you had 4 Mercs, but I see I was wrong. Silver is silver though, so those are great finds. Amazing day!!

Very sweet finds, way to maximize hitting those properties quickly, great hunt!

WOW, time to go back with no disc! You have a honey hole spread out. Go all metal and I bet you find a LOT more stuff. Wish I was there!

Back
Top Bottom