Another hunt closer...

Foragist

Forum Supporter
No gold or sterling yet, but today the local school produced a rhinestone studded cross necklace, 92 coins totaling $8.98, and about as many junk targets. Some of the ground was hard, but most wasn't too bad digging.
The highlight for today was finding ten quarters in one hole!

Attachments

• DSCN7256.jpg
    DSCN7256.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 400
  • DSCN7257.jpg
    DSCN7257.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN7258.jpg
    DSCN7258.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 390
Nice hunt! The cross necklace is beautiful; and that is one sweet coinspill! :woot:

That's a decent amount of clad! I can see how you're looking for gold with all that aluminum.

Sure was a lot of digging. Got a good workout doing it. It also helps thin out the targets, so I have a cleaner slate to work with in the future.
You're right, NCToad. All that scrap is me trying to find the really good stuff.

Nice hunt foragist! Great clad haul! Your a trooper digging all that can slaw. I get so sick of can slaw some days.

Now THATS a hunt! It shows a lot of effort with a focus on dirt gold! Nice coin haul there too...Good on ya! Your gold will be showing up shortly...

Nice hunt! The cross necklace is beautiful; and that is one sweet coinspill! :woot:

Speaking of coin spills, it's been fun lately. This post was from the 18th, when I got the 10 quarters in one hole. The next day, I dug 13 pennies in one plug; about an hour before I struck GOLD that day. Today, the 21st, it was 7 pennies, 4 dimes, and one quarter in a spill.
A couple weeks ago I pulled 9 quarters from one plug, with two guys watching. My unofficial record is from earlier this summer. I forgot to count at first, but can safely say it was at least 12 quarters; probably more like 15, but I can only claim 12 with honest certainty.
Coin spills are a blast! Especially when they're silvers, wheats, etc. Had one of those this year too. :D

Back
Top Bottom