Two for Tuesday...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
I went back this morning to the place that gave up 9 silvers a couple days ago...where some dirt from a ballfield dug up in 1960 was dumped. Hazy, hot and humid today with severe storms coming so I stayed out for just about 2 hours this time, once again using the Explorer XS with the 6x8 coil... I found a couple silvers that I missed on Sunday... and some other things...scrap, $1.33 in clad, 5 wheats, one with damage from the 1960 excavation and the newest a 1957......a token from a long gone pool hall/arcade......and the 2 silvers... #37 and #38... both were also part of the 1960 dig with the 1950 Rosie being bent...anyhow, that's it for this outing. As always, thanks for the looks, see you after the next dig and Happy Hunting!

Very nice finds [emoji3] I’d be thrilled. But I’ve only found 1 silver coin this year lol

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

Congrats Bruce on adding another pair of Silver's to your coffers. Was wondering if you were going back to that site. Also do you know of any set way to find out where dirt was moved to that occurred back in the Sixty's. There are two parks where I played ball at as a youngster that were scrapped. The haulers are no longer in business and when I checked at city hall they told me they didn't have any records of it. It be interesting to locate that dirt and play in it. Trapper

Trapper...by using old photos and newspaper accounts, yearbooks, home movies and conversations with people who were there...occasionally you get lucky. There's no set in stone methods as far as I know. In this case I have a friend who's father was a pilot, and he took plenty of aerial photographs while flying around the area back in the 1950's and 60's. Looked at them and one showed a big hole being excavated with dump trucks being loaded...and not too far away a couple more trucks unloading dirt. I immediately knew where it was and it was easy to figure out the rest from there:yes:

Back
Top Bottom