GPX 4500 or GPX 5000

tree_amigos

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and also new to metal detecting.

Is there a major difference that can justify the price difference between the GPX 4500 and GPX 5000?

I just recently went to the gold and treasure show in pomona and got hooked, I spoke to a mine lab representative and told them my intentions and right away recommended me the GPX 5000 and also a 18" coil. but i just came across a really good deal for a GPX 4500 I'm saving almost 2000.00 brand new in a local store, a very reputable store. a friend put it on layaway and only owes 600.00 told me to pay the 600.00 and give him 1500.00 he's getting the GPZ 7000. before I pull the trigger on 4500 i want to know if it would work the same as the 5000.

intentions of use:
-gold nuggets in the desert
-at the park/beach when not doing anything
-looking for buried treasure, deep in the ground, I have a trip to Mexico in Dec/Jan and want to start practicing using the machine now.

if the better choice would be the GPX 5000 I will spend the 4000.00 if necessary but if its the same machine with a few extras it would be nice to save some money.

thanks in advance

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and also new to metal detecting.

Is there a major difference that can justify the price difference between the GPX 4500 and GPX 5000?

I just recently went to the gold and treasure show in pomona and got hooked, I spoke to a mine lab representative and told them my intentions and right away recommended me the GPX 5000 and also a 18" coil. but i just came across a really good deal for a GPX 4500 I'm saving almost 2000.00 brand new in a local store, a very reputable store. a friend put it on layaway and only owes 600.00 told me to pay the 600.00 and give him 1500.00 he's getting the GPZ 7000. before I pull the trigger on 4500 i want to know if it would work the same as the 5000.

intentions of use:
-gold nuggets in the desert
-at the park/beach when not doing anything
-looking for buried treasure, deep in the ground, I have a trip to Mexico in Dec/Jan and want to start practicing using the machine now.

if the better choice would be the GPX 5000 I will spend the 4000.00 if necessary but if its the same machine with a few extras it would be nice to save some money.

thanks in advance

For gold nugget hunting 5000 model unit offers advantages over 4500 model.
Has to do with timing settings allowed to see smaller gold.

Now for relic hunting, the 4500 model as good as any GPX model. Relic hunters usually not interested BB size and smaller targets.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1151-reintroduction-of-the-minelab-gpx-4500/

For gold nugget hunting 5000 model unit offers advantages over 4500 model.
Has to do with timing settings allowed to see smaller gold.

Now for relic hunting, the 4500 model as good as any GPX model. Relic hunters usually not interested BB size and smaller targets.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1151-reintroduction-of-the-minelab-gpx-4500/

Thank you for the info thats actually what i wanted to find out before i pulled the trigger on the 4500 now to save up for the gpx 5000

Back
Top Bottom