First silver coin

PermanentlyLost

Forum Supporter
Dropped by my friend crabstang44 house for an unannounced visit. We chatted about the warm weather, recent rain, and that I've dug some nice targets without finding a silver coin. He said he had a couple hours of free time and we should hit a productive spot of his. He warned me that the corn field was really trashy where a house once stood. I stayed close to a lone large pecan tree in the thick of the junk next to the farm trail.

A bouncing 74-18 on the ATP. Could it be can slaw, BIG farm iron, lead headed nail, copper or brass again? I saw a glint of a bust and knew it had to be old silver. Walked it over to him to do the reveal. I still can't believe it was a 1783 1/2 Reale!
IMG_0081_zpszuijzwts.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congratulations! Thats your FIRST silver!? You better just up and quit!:laughing: Talk about a hell of a first silver! Outstanding!
Mud

Wow, congratulations! Nice to see coins like that coming out of NC...gives me hope:lol:

Wow! That's a heck of a first silver! I've found thousands of silvers, but never a Spanish silver. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats that's incredible. Good thing it wasn't your first hung too, you would have been wrecked for sure!

Congratulations! Thats your FIRST silver!? You better just up and quit!:laughing: Talk about a hell of a first silver! Outstanding!
Mud

First silver coin. Dug a bracelet and a Saint Christopher medallion a few years back with the Compadre. This coin wasn't even on my bucket list! I would have been just as happy with a silver half :?:

You got that on your first try! LOL. Great first silver, Brother. It was long overdue but worth the wait, I imagine.

Yeah, first try, I got this figured out! Dug a lot of great 1700-1800 relics over the past couple years, nothing quite like this. You and the family need to come for a visit, detect while you're here.

First silver coin. Dug a bracelet and a Saint Christopher medallion a few years back with the Compadre. This coin wasn't even on my bucket list! I would have been just as happy with a silver half :?:

Yeah, first try, I got this figured out! Dug a lot of great 1700-1800 relics over the past couple years, nothing quite like this. You and the family need to come for a visit, detect while you're here.

I'd love to come visit. Hopefully this year things will work out to come down.

Congratulations!
Miss New Bern area a lot! Had to move to Alabama a couple of years ago.

Amazing dig, and for a first silver, I would say you have set the bar pretty high!

You will probably just throw the rosies and mercs back now..... for us mere mortals to recover another day.

Good digs!

Pawaide

Back
Top Bottom