HGE not good!

Dan B.

Elite Member
I have not been doing much metal detecting the past week or so. Lack of rain dead grass clay dirt as hard as cement. So I have not been digging in residential yards. I did come across an area that made no difference if there was loose plugs or any more dead grass it would not hurt anything.

So I was digging up some clad and came across another signal I seen that it was a ring and it had stones. I did not have my glasses on but I was able to see 14k inside the band so I carried it over to my truck and soaked it in some water for a while. After cleaning it up I saw the initials HGE. Thinking they were makers marks I looked them up on my phone only to find out heavy grade electroplate. But it was not a total loss I did find a small .925 heart pendant. So the day was not a total loss.

Attachments

• IMG_20180714_210516.jpg
    IMG_20180714_210516.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_20180717_170926.jpg
    IMG_20180717_170926.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 454
That looks like 1 of Kay jewelers designs on that heart, looks good

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

Love to Hate them...….. I find heart stoppers like that all the time here on the beaches...Fun to dig but hate to reveal the quality. At least your ring wasn't covered in thick black "crud" like the salt water does to stuff where it takes half a day to get "the let down"...………..

The thrill of the hunt is priceless …….. so enjoy digging the junk as well.....

Congrats on the heart...……… silver is always welcomed......

GL & HH

I dug one a couple weeks back, big old honker of a fancy ring, big stone too, all I saw was 18k, I was so excited, till I got home and cleaned it up a little and saw the dreaded HGE, talk about a let down......:no:

Love to Hate them...….. I find heart stoppers like that all the time here on the beaches...Fun to dig but hate to reveal the quality. At least your ring wasn't covered in thick black "crud" like the salt water does to stuff where it takes half a day to get "the let down"...………..

The thrill of the hunt is priceless …….. so enjoy digging the junk as well.....

Congrats on the heart...……… silver is always welcomed......

GL & HH

I dug one a couple weeks back, big old honker of a fancy ring, big stone too, all I saw was 18k, I was so excited, till I got home and cleaned it up a little and saw the dreaded HGE, talk about a let down......:no:

Well this is not the first time nor the last time that this hobby makes my heart race. Keep digging them and I'll find a real one soon.:digginahole:

Back
Top Bottom