An IH, Key date wheat and trifecta

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
My 3 year old daughter and myself went out for a quick hunt this morning in town here at a really old house.
At first all I was digging was some later wheats and older clad quarters. I kind of figured there wasn't going to be much to find since I'd somewhat detected there already. I turned out to be wrong.
Close to the end of the hunt I dug another nice Indianhead which made the hunt.... I had thought.
Mikaya was kind of wanting to leave so I told her one more coin and we'll take off.
It came in low like an Indianhead so I assumed I'd end up with two for the day but it ended up being a worn 1922-D wheat! That made me happy since it's a key-date wheat and one I need for my dug wheaties coin folder.

I also ended up with another trifecta since I dug a 1970-S memorial but my little girl ended up with it and I doubt I'll see it again.
8eb2edba890e2a3731758cd10077ac38.jpg
5c965013f0a2a376ee5affff21266a26.jpg
f5cdf33114165a8271bf4fb1856fc0eb.jpg
4dedcd4691ecbecfe0e65808a5e35337.jpg
da7f105d9b7c124bd328bcf7a61d3b43.jpg
10822d581f05aeaecbbc7bf1465cbd96.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice injuns!
Quick work getting them on the thread too:D

No disrespect, but an injun, wheat and memorial would not constitute a trifecta in my opinion.
They would have to be different altogether, like a large cent, wheat and injun.
I could be wrong, but the cent trifecta is about the hardest to dig:yes:

Nice injuns!
Quick work getting them on the thread too:D

No disrespect, but an injun, wheat and memorial would not constitute a trifecta in my opinion.
They would have to be different altogether, like a large cent, wheat and injun.
I could be wrong, but the cent trifecta is about the hardest to dig:yes:
Thanks mat! You're probably right about it not being a trifecta. The Injun and key wheat were the big excitement for me..... the trifecta possibility was an afterthought. If I have to dig a large cent or flying eagle to get a trifecta than I don't see it ever happening. I'm pretty content digging the Indians though but the way they come out of the ground up here I imagine a large cent would come out looking real nice!.......only in my dreams though [emoji6]

How did u get them so clean? That 22-D is an amazing dig!! Huge congrats!!
Thanks Ohio! The ground up here is very kind to coins, especially older wheats and Indianheads. I usually just scrub them up with an Armorall cleaning wipe that I keep in my truck and that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom