• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox coil prices/ water proof headphones

I been searching everyday. I can’t find an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sad to say

There so busy pumping out machines , it might take a while, but they did have 6 months , what's up ? who knows. :roll::( I do know this, they better keep the price appealing :shock::lol:

More than a few angry Equinox buyers due to no waterproof headphones available yet and no word as to when they can be expected. To be fair I have also heard the same complaint about the Makro Kruzer waterproof headphones not being available yet.

A temporary work around the waterproof headphones lacking.

Take a full set of el cheapos with small jack on cord. Use them, if you torch by getting wet, you ain't lost much.

Btw, I may be wrong.
I have 2 pairs of headphones with little jack, one works the other don't.
One has green coloring the other black, the one with black works fine.

The

Way it looks to me you need the waterproof headphones Dave, as it most likely is a screw in type, jack at the bottom rubber seal so know water can penetrate, so a cheap set of headphones might plug in, but the hole will be exposed with no seal.

Way it looks to me you need the waterproof headphones Dave, as it most likely is a screw in type, jack at the bottom rubber seal so know water can penetrate, so a cheap set of headphones might plug in, but the hole will be exposed with no seal.

Standby here Earl and I will post link explaining.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/5199-waterproof-connections-sizes/

Notice the jack on the water proof headphones. Nothing special except may be the beef up on edge to keep sand and dirt out.

I just put in my order for a pair but no idea how long that will be.
I would also like to know if there will be any aftermarket phones available Gray Ghost etc.
For people who already have GG Amphibians for the CTX it would be nice if they made an adapter to fit the Nox.

I don't own one.

Can you post sone pictures of what the connector on the headphones and the one on the machine look like?
Thanks!

I've seen on some other forums where people have made their own adapter cables with a home made male audio connector at the EX and a short cable with a female CTX connector so the CTX headphones could be used.

Standby here Earl and I will post link explaining.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/5199-waterproof-connections-sizes/

Notice the jack on the water proof headphones. Nothing special except may be the beef up on edge to keep sand and dirt out.

they are threaded and seal with gasket. what you are telling people will toast their machines and void warranty.

If putting control box in water you have to have the sealed cap on or sealed waterproof headphones plug. Regular 1/8" plug is gonna let water in and short out your machine.

Makes no sense Minelab did away with the Koss land headphones. But stayed with the Koss water head phones. Minelab do us all a favor and eliminate the koss water headphones

I got CTX connectors on my excaliburs. Oddly the Koss CTX waterproof headphones stink on the CTX but blow my ears off on my Excaliburs.

I got CTX connectors on my excaliburs. Oddly the Koss CTX waterproof headphones stink on the CTX but blow my ears off on my Excaliburs.

Here is what the connector looks like.

Attachments

• Equinox Headphone connector.jpg
    Equinox Headphone connector.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 220
they are threaded and seal with gasket. what you are telling people will toast their machines and void warranty.

If putting control box in water you have to have the sealed cap on or sealed waterproof headphones plug. Regular 1/8" plug is gonna let water in and short out your machine.

You are part correct here I think.

Manual says something pertaining to submersion with cap removed, like no damage.

See page 58 of manual.

Why anyone would submerge without cap installed, beats me.

Sound was part of the problem the largest problem was the fit. They would slip down. the cups would not stay where you put them. Plus the sound quality was pis poor.

Back
Top Bottom