Mud-puppy seems is viral here..

First Friendly, then Dankowski, soon we will be trying to figure out if it will be him, Trump or Oprah for the next elections. Not sure what political platform he would fall under though. Need to form the Cladstabber party for him.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

......hey, maybe he could turn that into writing a column for a metal detector catalog or magazine or be a model in a catalog shown using the latest model detector :lol:

Yes. Mud-puppy has great creative writing skills. I keep thinking he must be related to Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, or John Steinbeck.

No offense taken...I'm sure what our Brother wrote concerning the Mud-Pup was penned in a fit of a drunken stupor, no harm intended...been there myself, understood and forgiven...

I do like words though, especially ones with letters in them...Especially poetry, if it rhymes of course, and stories ...

I would say, 'Said Hanrahan' by John O'Brien, Australian wandering priest, holds an alluring cadence and timbre...as does Alfred Noyes well known "The Highwayman"....Pat McManus' "The night the bear ate Goombaw" is a must read in anybodies literary portfolio...Also Dr Suess' "Hop On Pop" to stay in alignment with basic sentence structures and compete with the illiterates over on ZeroHedge....keep it simple and sarcastic for the up arrows...ala Ogden Nash: "Trumpy met a bear, the bear was Putin, The poot was Clinton"...:laughing: See? simples!

There is a guy named (Rusty) John L Smith from Texas...remarkable detectorist and poet ....His "Jake and Jim" put me on my knees...I memorized and recite this one to my nieces and nephews around the Summertime campfire... Just another guy like us...Here it is from memory...might not be completely Author accurate, but you will get the drift. Forgive me Rusty...

Jake and Jim,
by John L Smith

"My Grandpap was a sharecropper, lived on a sharecrop farm. Worked the fields all his life, raised a Family through the strength of his arm...
Most farmers had a team of Mules or Horses to pull the plow. Grandpap had only one of each, but he made due anyhow...

Jake the Horse worked on the right, was getting on in years. A big all purpose 'Jack of All' like those used by Pioneers.
Jim the Mule was younger, worked on the left you see. Providing the strength of this working team, chained to the double tree..

Together they worked, side by side, throughout all of their trying times...Pulling wagons and plows and harrows and such, with Grandpap holding the lines...Never apart did these two work, they ONLY pulled as a team! Jake on the right to make the speed, and Jim to provide the steam!

One day the years caught up with Jake, he was old and sick and weak...Grandpap decided to use Jim the Mule because of his grand physique...
But Jim would not get out of his stall and leave Jake standing there all alone, Grandpap had to whip and cuss to get Jim out on his own..

He led Jim out to the barnyard, and hooked him up to the rake, but when he tried to to make him pull, he stood like he wasnt awake!?
Jim finally moved but wouldnt go straight, though Grandpap pullled hard on the reins!...He couldnt control or make Jim work, so he unhitched the chains...

He led Jim over to the barn and checked him from stem to stern...Then...shaking his head, walked up to the house to tell Grandma what he just learned...This is the reason he told her, why Jim wouldnt leave Jake behind....

They only worked as a team you see...., 'cause Jim the Mule.... was blind...

Last edited:
We have good people here they often make us laugh and shed a tear.
We may not always find silver but we always have the gold right here.

Pat McManus is one who cam make a man laugh so hard that it hurts. Mud may be related to him. At least both have an outstanding way with words

strange Scenes and Eerie Events (excerpt)
From the book “Never Sniff a Gift Fish” by Patrick F. McManus

Every day weird things happen for which there are no rational explanations. Take, for example, the case of Retch Sweeney’s watch.

Retch and I were trolling on a lake in Canada several years ago and, as he leaned over the side of the boat to net a nice rainbow trout I was bringing in, Retch’s watch came loose from his wrist and fell into the lake. Not only was the watch expensive, but it held great sentimental value: Retch’s wife had given it to him on their twentieth anniversary. It bore the inscription, “To Charley Bombi, for 40 years dedicated service to Acme Sand & Gravel Co.” Retch’s wife is a great one for sentiment.

Five years after Retch lost his watch in the Canadian lake, he and I went on a boat-camping trip on a lake in Montana. It is important to note that there is no waterway connecting the two lakes. After making camp, Retch and I went out to see if we couldn’t hook into one of the monster rainbows reported in the vicinity. Sure enough, as we trolled past the mouth of a stream, Retch’s rod whipped double and a few seconds later a beautiful rainbow was doing aerial gymnastics. We went back to camp and while I started preparing supper, Retch dressed out his fish. Suddenly he let out a great yell. I rushed over to see what had happened.

“Look what I found in this rainbow,” he shouted, holding up a shiny object.

“I can scarcely believe my eyes,” I said. “How could such a thing happen?”

“Beats me,” Retch said. “I’ve never even heard of anybody finding a bottle cap in the stomach of a fish before.”

“Me either,” I said. “Now if it had been the watch you lost in the lake up in Canada, I could understand that. You read in the newspapers all the time about that sort of thing happening.”

Yes. Mud-puppy has great creative writing skills. I keep thinking he must be related to Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, or John Steinbeck.

Wonder what Mud's book cover might look like ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

mud_book.jpg

No offense taken...I'm sure what our Brother wrote concerning the Mud-Pup was penned in a fit of a drunken stupor, no harm intended...been there myself, understood and forgiven...

I do like words though, especially ones with letters in them...Especially poetry, if it rhymes of course, and stories ...

I would say, 'Said Hanrahan' by John O'Brien, Australian wandering priest, holds an alluring cadence and timbre...as does Alfred Noyes well known "The Highwayman"....Pat McManus' "The night the bear ate Goombaw" is a must read in anybodies literary portfolio...Also Dr Suess' "Hop On Pop" to stay in alignment with basic sentence structures and compete with the illiterates over on ZeroHedge....keep it simple and sarcastic for the up arrows...ala Ogden Nash: "Trumpy met a bear, the bear was Putin, The poot was Clinton"...:laughing: See? simples!

There is a guy named (Rusty) John L Smith from Texas...remarkable detectorist and poet ....His "Jake and Jim" put me on my knees...I memorized and recite this one to my nieces and nephews around the Summertime campfire... Just another guy like us...Here it is from memory...might not be completely Author accurate, but you will get the drift. Forgive me Rusty...

Jake and Jim,
by John L Smith

"My Grandpap was a sharecropper, lived on a sharecrop farm. Worked the fields all his life, raised a Family through the strength of his arm...
Most farmers had a team of Mules or Horses to pull the plow. Grandpap had only one of each, but he made due anyhow...

Jake the Horse worked on the right, was getting on in years. A big all purpose 'Jack of All' like those used by Pioneers.
Jim the Mule was younger, worked on the left you see. Providing the strength of this working team, chained to the double tree..

Together they worked, side by side, throughout all of their trying times...Pulling wagons and plows and harrows and such, with Grandpap holding the lines...Never apart did these two work, they ONLY pulled as a team! Jake on the right to make the speed, and Jim to provide the steam!

One day the years caught up with Jake, he was old and sick and weak...Grandpap decided to use Jim the Mule because of his grand physique...
But Jim would not get out of his stall and leave Jake standing there all alone, Grandpap had to whip and cuss to get Jim out on his own..

He led Jim out to the barnyard, and hooked him up to the rake, but when he tried to to make him pull, he stood like he wasnt awake!?
Jim finally moved but wouldnt go straight, though Grandpap pullled hard on the reins!...He couldnt control or make Jim work, so he unhitched the chains...

He led Jim over to the barn and checked him from stem to stern...Then...shaking his head, walked up to the house to tell Grandma what he just learned...This is the reason he told her, why Jim wouldnt leave Jake behind....

They only worked as a team you see...., 'cause Jim the Mule.... was blind...

Now that was a nice story,,,,and then right up to the end,,,I didn't see that coming,,,,does that make me Jim,,,,,,,,:lol:

Wonder what Mud's book cover might look like ? :laughing::laughing::laughing: ...

That brought a chuckle ! So if we can combine your art spoof skills, with mud-puppy creative writing skills, You'd have a great commercial success. Like Cheech & Chong.

That brought a chuckle ! So if we can combine your art spoof skills, with mud-puppy creative writing skills, You'd have a great commercial success. Like Cheech & Chong.

I got a giggle out of that too! That dang Gary! I though for sure he woulda included Pennywise the Clown on the cover somehow! Maybe a sewer balloon?

Forward written by Dave Ramsey even!: "Wealth is no respector of effort or a viable measure of intelligence!" "Forget Baby steps, just get a detector!"

"Nowadays, A 'Job' often proves to be a temporary and unprofitable Nuisance" "This is a Big Planet, and it aint indoors" "Adventure awaits if you can simply get out of the house" "Time and Treasure wait for Nobody"...:laughing::laughing:

......what next ?
.......book signings for Mud, interviews by local news stations, maybe even invited to appear on a TV talk show to demonstrate his coin popping skills ? :shock: :lol:

I got a giggle out of that too! That dang Gary! I though for sure he woulda included Pennywise the Clown on the cover somehow! Maybe a sewer balloon?

Forward written by Dave Ramsey even!: "Wealth is no respector of effort or a viable measure of intelligence!" "Forget Baby steps, just get a detector!"

"Nowadays, A 'Job' often proves to be a temporary and unprofitable Nuisance" "This is a Big Planet, and it aint indoors" "Adventure awaits if you can simply get out of the house" "Time and Treasure wait for Nobody"...:laughing::laughing:

......wow, Pennywise, what a neat idea, maybe have it on the cover as a holographic type addition where you only see it when you tilt the book a little :shock: and then have a paper balloon pop up when you open the cover :lol:

Book two “The Mental detector” or “The Mad Calder”

"The Mental Detector" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I like that idea, a very creative and fitting play on words for someone who has thoughtful musings on detecting :lol:

The other one made me think of "Mad" magazine, maybe he could be featured in a comic with Alfred E. Neuman saying "What, Me Worry .....about digging ?" (I use a screwdriver to pop coins out of the ground :lol:) :laughing::laughing::laughing:

President

Mud-Puppy for President!

:)

Could he do any worse that what we have , his first act would most likely be to open all national parks to Detecting. His second could be a tax deduction for all metal detecting equipment and supplies. Maybe follow up by a National metal detecting days.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom