Elgin Pocket Watch[B][/B]

PhotoRob06

Forum Supporter
I found this on my third day and just got around to photographing it. From what I can read of the serial # it appears to be a 1945 Elgin Pocket watch. If one of the numbers is wrong, it could be 1899, but I doubt that - the outer ring looks more 1945-ish judging from other pics of Elgin watches.

Anyway, I love this find!!

HH!!:wow:

Attachments

• _LSP0439.jpg
    _LSP0439.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 364
COOL find wasn't elgin one of those watches for the upper society back in the day:?:

Possibly; I do know through research that they were one of the first companies to mass-produce parts instead of having every mechanism be handmade. This lowered their price considerably and made it possible to repair them. Because of that there are a lot of very old ones still in possession today as collectables.

I just found all this info on some website about them.

Possibly; I do know through research that they were one of the first companies to mass-produce parts instead of having every mechanism be handmade. This lowered their price considerably and made it possible to repair them. Because of that there are a lot of very old ones still in possession today as collectables.

I just found all this info on some website about them.
cool so Elgin was the Henry Ford of watches that is awesome now I want one :lol:
HH

Back
Top Bottom