New Zealand Hagley Park oldest coin Ive found in NZ to date, Turn of the century 1902 silver brooch, 1916 army badge, silver coins and the mysterious

Kiwisan

I have had such a good week hunting this week an last night was one of the best. In terms of interesting relics (which is what I mainly look for) last night was the bees knees! Very happy to have found the 17th reinforcement badge. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that around 1400 men from all depts around New Zealand made up this group. I do wonder if the guy this badge belonged too ever made it back home from the war to end all wars.

The brooch was a surprise and a nice one too.
The 1862 coin was also a cool surprise. It is only 7 years older than the park itself and 12 yrs older than the official birth of my city. Didn't scrub it this time and am just going to let it be.
Don't want to lose all the detail again!

Here are the pic, hope you enjoy and, as always, thanks for looking. HH:grin:

hagley park gd hunt.jpg

hagley park gd hunt (1).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (2).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (3).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (4).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (5).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (6).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (7).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (8).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (9).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (10).jpg

hagley park gd hunt (11).jpg

Very interesting relics. I really like that WWI badge. Too bad there's no name on it to research. Some lady was very upset about loosing her silver broach, I'm sure. That's one nice park you have to hunt. Good luck on future hunts. : )

You got some real keepers there!
Love the history and the quality of the photos:D

Thanks. I love doing the photo part of my posts. I have a special album on my computer just for MDing. I also put all of them on my iPhone. Having them on my phone is such a good idea when people have trouble visualizing what it is you are looking for. So many people think that I'm going to find nothing and seem quite patronizing... Until I show them the photos that is, then they shut up pretty quick. :grin:

A nice assortment of finds! I bet you were surprised to get a coin dated 1862. I've always thought the "young Victoria" portrait on the currency really showed her to be quite beautiful. It is a very flattering portrait indeed. HH, Dave.

Back
Top Bottom