*update* I was sat down twice in a hot field!

Dan B.

Elite Member
The farmer of one of my permissions went through and tilled the field and ran the dirt Claude Chopper through there early this morning. So I thought I would take the opportunity to do a little detecting.

On the front portion of the field a house used to sit. I did not want to do a whole lot of detecting here because I have a couple people invited to go through the field with me. And did not want to spend a lot of time there not leaving something for someone else to find.

I did spend about an hour there finding to Indian Head pennies and a heel plate with a star in the center. Not sure how old do heel plate is.

So I moved to the back side of the property about a quarter mile away from the house where there used to be a couple other old structures.

My first signal was an octagon shaped token with the initials M.B.S. On the reverse side good for 5 cents in trade. The next signal was another Indian head penny and another octagon token. The dates on the ihp are 1901 1874 1864.

Then I came across my seated dime which is an 1891 and my very first seated quarter which is an 1876 she is very smooth but she is mine.

I'm hoping to make it to the front house site with a couple of the guys later this week hopefully they will have some good finds.

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_170955.jpg
    IMG_20180804_170955.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_20180804_174826.jpg
    IMG_20180804_174826.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Awesome finds!!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

Awesome finds, Dan! What a difference once the till got knocked down! Those Seated coins are fabulous enough, but I really love those tokens! That’s some great hunting at a fantastic location.

That's a pair of old ones .
Congradulations and I am also looking forward to the next report .
Good luck
,Dew

Nice ! A fantastic hunt ! Congratulations ! I have yet to find a Seated Quarter , at this stage of the game , I don't know if I would be able to take the shock !

You're on to a good site there. Hope your friends do well there too. A seated dime is hard to come by, but a seated quarter? Who's found any seated quarters lately? Let me think...as far as I know...you're it! Well, maybe a couple other lucky Joes out there have unearthed one this year, but RARE, they are!

You're on to a good site there. Hope your friends do well there too. A seated dime is hard to come by, but a seated quarter? Who's found any seated quarters lately? Let me think...as far as I know...you're it! Well, maybe a couple other lucky Joes out there have unearthed one this year, but RARE, they are!

Thanks I was very surprised to see the quarter also.

Back
Top Bottom