Huge Clad Day & A Few Misc Items

arw40

Forum Supporter
In trying to catch up on my late start this year I have been trying to plan my hunts carefully as I usually only get out on Sundays and sometimes Saturdays. This post is about nothing more than clad, but the size of the area I found it in was only ( 100 yards long x 5 yards wide ). I choose a school in a less desirable area of a local city. The first thing that hit me when I stepped out of my truck was the strong smell of marijuana coming from the houses nearby. The second thing to contend with was this adult man thats riding a kids bike coming up and asking...." hey my man you got any spare change"? I almost got back in the truck and left but decided I give it a go and leave one headphone off and head on a swivel.

There was one soccer field I chose to work. I immediately started to work around the bleacher areas of home and away that were both located on the road side. I was getting some clad but not a lot at all. With the temps at 90 I had a seat on the bleachers and said to myself IF I were to watch a game here where would I sit ? I looked across the field and there was a small hill the length of the field and no more than 5 yards wide. It was the only shaded area around. I walked across the field and started to swing and then it was 5 1/2 hours of nonstop action. In the end I came out of that 100 yd x 5yd section with $33.12 I think it was. Incredible amount in such a relatively small area. Glad I took the time to look things over.

Included in the pictures are two buckles that I found in a local farmers field Friday evening in the rain. Im not much of a relic hunter but I kept them figuring they might look nice in a display box with some other older finds I have.

As I said its nothing but clad but its the size of the area it was in. Back a few weeks ago I found $31.41 around one basketball court so I know its possible, it just amazes me the amount of coins people lose. I used the AT Pro today. Next week it will be the Nox 600...Slowly but surely I am paying off that Nox with my clad hunts. Im at $187.47 for the season in clad thus far with two gold finds for scrap. Hope all are having a great weekend. HH ! :yes:

Attachments

• DSCN0577.jpg
    DSCN0577.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCN0578.jpg
    DSCN0578.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN0579.jpg
    DSCN0579.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 166
I like the buckles.

Great on sitting down and thinking, those few minutes made your day.

Yea, even if I'm in woods and fields I keep my head phones around my neck so I can hear what is around. Nothing is worse than to have someone/something be very close before you know.

The shady places are always better to hunt than in the sun when it's 90 degrees out! Congrats on a great clad day!

A fantastic outing Andy. If you keep this pace up you will have the "Nox" paid off in another 13 or 14 hunts. Love those Buckles, they both look like they have some age to them. My clad count in 110 hunts is a bit over $215, no way I keep up to you at your pace. I did got lucky at a street tearout the other day and pulled a real sweet Seated Quarter so at least I have that going for me. :lol:Trapper

Nice MEGA CLAD report! Sitting and thinking "where would I sit?"...that was brilliant!
About the panhandler; I'd be even more concerned if he approached you on the way out.

In trying to catch up on my late start this year I have been trying to plan my hunts carefully as I usually only get out on Sundays and sometimes Saturdays. This post is about nothing more than clad, but the size of the area I found it in was only ( 100 yards long x 5 yards wide ). I choose a school in a less desirable area of a local city. The first thing that hit me when I stepped out of my truck was the strong smell of marijuana coming from the houses nearby. The second thing to contend with was this adult man thats riding a kids bike coming up and asking...." hey my man you got any spare change"? I almost got back in the truck and left but decided I give it a go and leave one headphone off and head on a swivel.

There was one soccer field I chose to work. I immediately started to work around the bleacher areas of home and away that were both located on the road side. I was getting some clad but not a lot at all. With the temps at 90 I had a seat on the bleachers and said to myself IF I were to watch a game here where would I sit ? I looked across the field and there was a small hill the length of the field and no more than 5 yards wide. It was the only shaded area around. I walked across the field and started to swing and then it was 5 1/2 hours of nonstop action. In the end I came out of that 100 yd x 5yd section with $33.12 I think it was. Incredible amount in such a relatively small area. Glad I took the time to look things over.

Included in the pictures are two buckles that I found in a local farmers field Friday evening in the rain. Im not much of a relic hunter but I kept them figuring they might look nice in a display box with some other older finds I have.

As I said its nothing but clad but its the size of the area it was in. Back a few weeks ago I found $31.41 around one basketball court so I know its possible, it just amazes me the amount of coins people lose. I used the AT Pro today. Next week it will be the Nox 600...Slowly but surely I am paying off that Nox with my clad hunts. Im at $187.47 for the season in clad thus far with two gold finds for scrap. Hope all are having a great weekend. HH ! :yes:

That would have been FUN! It's nice to hit an area like that once in a while to "feel the burn" of doing all those squats! :)

Thats some succulent Clad hammering there! A Century Pull of Q's in less than 6hrs is outstanding! Awesome! Plus, you were working a dicey area, in high temps, so extra points there as well! My Hats off to you Sir!

Theres no way I can knock down Big Clad in 90 degree weather with one headphone! Its gotta be Nov, 40 degrees, and blowing sleet for me to even try to do it!

Loved everything about your hunt and numbers and post!:laughing:

A fantastic outing Andy. If you keep this pace up you will have the "Nox" paid off in another 13 or 14 hunts. Love those Buckles, they both look like they have some age to them. My clad count in 110 hunts is a bit over $215, no way I keep up to you at your pace. I did got lucky at a street tearout the other day and pulled a real sweet Seated Quarter so at least I have that going for me. :lol:Trapper

Thanks Trapper. In time im sure I will take to searching out the more elusive deeper silvers. For now im happy to get a great haul of clad. The buckles are kinda interesting. Im not a history buff and these were both found in the middle of a farm field only about 2 feet apart. Is it possible maybe pieces from a old bridle ? Worth keeping anyways.

Nice MEGA CLAD report! Sitting and thinking "where would I sit?"...that was brilliant!
About the panhandler; I'd be even more concerned if he approached you on the way out.

LOL, Right, It would be hard to say no I dont with $30+ of clad bouncing around in pouch.

Thats some succulent Clad hammering there! A Century Pull of Q's in less than 6hrs is outstanding! Awesome! Plus, you were working a dicey area, in high temps, so extra points there as well! My Hats off to you Sir!

Theres no way I can knock down Big Clad in 90 degree weather with one headphone! Its gotta be Nov, 40 degrees, and blowing sleet for me to even try to do it!

Loved everything about your hunt and numbers and post!:laughing:

Thanks John, I am lucky in the sense that I dont have many people to contend with in my area that detect to leave these mega clad areas to me. Last three hunts have produced a little over $80 in clad. Im not fond of going into the lions den to retrieve but hey, somebody has to do it. HH !

What a great clad haul. And bravo for keeping at it despite the smell of weed, the man asking for change, and the heat. Good job.

Back
Top Bottom