Vacation finds... $21.93 + 6 rings (2 silver)

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Got back from my business trip last week, to immediately pack the trailer and head north into the mountains for some well-deserved R&R.

While up there, I visited a nearby city and detected their High School, Middle School, and Elementary across a 5-hour marathon detecting event.

Pulled $21.93 out of the school yards, 2 silver rings, and 4 junkers. Some of the junk (mood rings) ones didn't make the picture, as they just go into the pouch, these days.

About $4.50 and 1 ring an hour is pretty decent hunting, IMHO.

I really have to say, I was surprised not to hit any gold while I was there. The fields have clearly been hit before (by ME! LOL), but even still... I was sure hoping. Ah well. Next year!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 174
Nice haul Im surprised with that much digging no gold turned up as well. I got one of those Mormon rings earlier this year did not know what it was until someone on the board pointed it out.

strick

Attachments

• 20180328_191949.jpg
    20180328_191949.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 164
Nice haul Im surprised with that much digging no gold turned up as well. I got one of those Mormon rings earlier this year did not know what it was until someone on the board pointed it out.

strick

You'll get at least double the cash by posting it on Ebay than you will melting it for the $20 bucks or so that you'll get from the small women's ring.

Those things sell for $240+, new. Between $40 and $100 used.

Cheers,

Skippy

Good job! Seems those CTR rings have popped up a lot lately.

Which is kind of cool, because that style is pretty vintage. I find probably a dozen a year, here in Idaho, though. About half are silver, and most are "new," with an occasional older one showing up. My son has found 4 of these large mens vintage rings, whereas this is my first.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom