"Odd/Bizarre Finds" Section?

Dirt Nuker

Elite Member
I believe this would be a good addition to the forum. It could be a place for some of the finds that might be a little outside what you see in normal finds. We have a place for awesome finds, why not a place for finds that make you jump back when you pull it out of the hole?:shock:

I believe this would be a good addition to the forum. It could be a place for some of the finds that might be a little outside what you see in normal finds. We have a place for awesome finds, why not a place for finds that make you jump back when you pull it out of the hole?:shock:

Good idea.

It is a good idea

Only problem is, not all those eyepoppers are family friendly. A forum section like that should have no holds barred. Many weirdo finds have been posted here, and a few have been posted only to be reported by fellow members.
Not all our members are adults, and some of the youngsters have someone looking over their shoulders. We had an instance a couple years ago where a mom was checking out her sons web sites and came across something she didn't approve of here on good ole Friendly. Bad timing, as we boot out bad language and racy photos as soon as we see them or when someone reports them. If most of you are splitting time between here and liberty, you might want to make the request of management over there. The line between whats acceptable and whats not, might be a lot broader than here...Gil

Another issue....your idea of "Odd/Bizarre" will differ with those of others and this will, undoubtedly lead to troll type posts declaring...."What so odd/bizarre about that?". Case in point, the "Awesome finds" forum. No, Friendly, it would not be.

I think this is a great ide for a new section. We all find stuff in the ground that is strange or unusual or rare for our part of the world. A single place to show those things off would be cool.

To address some of the concerns, it would have to be understood that it would be based on the finder. If the item is bizzare to the person who found it then it belongs. If the trolls show up with the "that's not strange" posts, they get reported and tossed. That simple. As for risky content, it's no different from any other section. If you shouldn't post it anywhere else, you shouldn't post it here either. All the same rules would apply.

I like the idea so 1 vote yes from me. :yes:

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

Back
Top Bottom