2,172 halves searched and found.....

AlinMN

Elite Member
All these halves with strange markings on them! Which one of you guys is rolling up the halves and marking the backside of the end coin in the roll? Don't you want to have the fun of opening the roll again and searching it all over? :lol: I am assuming that is why the marks are on the coins, but I could be wrong. Anyone want to confess to the grafitti? Almost every roll had a marked coin in it but only two had the marked coin on the end of the roll. Is this common practice for roll hunters to mark rolls before they return them?
IMG_0288.jpg

However I did find some coins worth searching for, a 1961 Franklin Half and 3-40% kennedies and one 1971-S proof. I was surprised how nice it was. I also found 12 of the 2002 and 2003 half dollars that I thought weren't issued for circulation. Anyone know anything about that? Should they be kept?

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 488
It looks to me like they are marking them... If I get rolls that are marked I still search them but put the marked coins in the middle of the roll....

Keep the NICF!! Nice scores man! I wish I could grab customer wrapped rolls around here :no:

It seems like alot of CRHers do that. I don't. Just seems like a waste of time. I don't notice it with other coins much though, just halves. :?:

Looks like there may be a another CRH in your area(marked coins)?.As for the NIFC halves,I think people break open the rolls they get from the mint and cash or spend them,I've found alot of NIFC in the wild and also gotten full rolls with the mint wrapper from the bank.At least you got some silver and proofs.Now cash the rejects in at a diffrent bank and get more boxes!!.Great photos.

I think the NIFCs are not uncommon in circulation. I assume that those in circulation are ones which were not sold by the mint, and were then released to circulation. Also some may have rejected for the mint sets dues to minor flaws (small scratches, etc.)

I think the NIFCs are not uncommon in circulation. I assume that those in circulation are ones which were not sold by the mint, and were then released to circulation. Also some may have rejected for the mint sets dues to minor flaws (small scratches, etc.)

You know I never thought of that,makes sence.

Back
Top Bottom