Coin roll Hunting

bigstemz

Banned
Since it was raining today and i couldnt get outside with the detector i decided to get to the bank and get about 300$ worth of kennedy halfs.

Gone threw about half of them now and havent found any silver yet. Although i did find one 1983-D which is missing the artists initials where they are usually near the bas of the eagles tale.

Any idea about the rarity of that happening? I know it happens on the 83-D 73-D and 72-D. This 83 that i found is missing the initials almost completely, it looks as if something just barely touched the coin where as normally there is two full initials. id say the coin is in excellent condition as well.

Id take a close up pic of it but i cant with my mac book.

Attachments

• Photo 57.jpg
    Photo 57.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 547
  • Photo 59.jpg
    Photo 59.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 544
This is an error coin and can be worth @ $3.25 in extra fine condition. Others to look for is no F on the 1977-d, No FG on the 1982-p, No FG on the 1983-d, and no FG on the 1989-p. No idea of the mintage amount as it is considered an error. WOLF

My guess would that it's "struck through grease". Not sure what the value is. I guess wolf has the better value here. Keep goin' through those rolls, silver will come!!

Then do you just bring back the coins you didn't keep and cash them? Do they look at you oddly when you ask for $300 in half dollars? :grin:

errrrorrerr

Then do you just bring back the coins you didn't keep and cash them? Do they look at you oddly when you ask for $300 in half dollars? :grin:

hah ha:lol: well actually yes! one lady was very friendly but her coworker gave one of those looks. I bet all the old timers of that town had gone over them 100x before me, lolz

sadly there is no silver, but its fun to look for error coins. on the upside i found that walking liberty yesterday. no worries:D

Back
Top Bottom