Boxes of dimes in plastic rolls

stealer

Elite Member
Hey guys, I just realized that one of my local banks almost always has boxes of dimes, and they come in plastic rolls!!!! In other words, I can completely rely on edge hunting. I can go through a box of dimes in about 10-15 minutes. I've gotten 2 boxes already but no silver :no:. What do you guys think? Time to exploit or forget about it?

Of course, by checking that way, you could be missing error coins or key dates/mm. RickO

Hey RickO, I don't check for error coins either way. And are there clad key dates? Whoops :lol:

Dang, there are. 1982 NM and 1996 W. Do these really sell? Time to check eBay...

My bank's coin company wraps the coins in those plastic shrink tubes as well. It DOES make for easy silver hunting, but I don't ever turn in my coins rolled in the same tubes I got them in. I always pour them into a bank bag and turn it in that way.

yeah my local banks do clear rolls too.

i work at a grocery store and
ive been able to get a roll of all the new pennies last year,i got a new roll of the 2010 penny last week. pretty cool i think theyre all uncirc. due to how shine-y they are

Back
Top Bottom