I tried CRHing for first time. Nickels.

volksbeetle28

I've always wanted to do some CRHing so on a whim I decided to get a box of nickels. I was hoping to get a silver and buffalo. Got a 43 P war nickel but no buffalo. Also got the complete 47 run of P-D-S. It was fun. Here are my keepers.
e74e40908115cbe3b59bddbbae8bf72e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hunt! The buffaloes are hard to find. Keep with it you'll get one eventually!

Good job. I can see the war nick right off the bat, they always have a different color, or composition.

Well done! Got 3 war nickels,a buffalo and a larger than normal zinc cent in a box. I actually find a lot of Buffalo nickels hunting beaches during winter and put them back in circulation after cleaning. Remember the first war nickel I ever found in my change a lady handed me. Think I spent it the same day by mistake:lol: Found out why my bank had bad coin roll hunting. Turned out the girl behind the counters dad was a coin roll hunter. He'd hunt the halves, quarters and dimes. Then she would dump them at the same bank I was using. All the rolls were already searched. She told me he had two 5 gallon buckets of silver coins but I would have had to seen it to believe it. State quarters maybe?

Great hunt! The buffaloes are hard to find. Keep with it you'll get one eventually!
Thanks. Buffaloes are my favorite coin. I think I may try to do 1 or 2 boxes a month.

A good run for your first time! Royal Congrats and you got a nice silver nick too! :D:D
Thank you. I can see that this could be just as addicting as metal detecting.
Good job. I can see the war nick right off the bat, they always have a different color, or composition.
Thanks. When I was opening the rolls I was edge checking for that signature dark rim, but this one slipped by.
Well done! Got 3 war nickels,a buffalo and a larger than normal zinc cent in a box. I actually find a lot of Buffalo nickels hunting beaches during winter and put them back in circulation after cleaning. Remember the first war nickel I ever found in my change a lady handed me. Think I spent it the same day by mistake:lol: Found out why my bank had bad coin roll hunting. Turned out the girl behind the counters dad was a coin roll hunter. He'd hunt the halves, quarters and dimes. Then she would dump them at the same bank I was using. All the rolls were already searched. She told me he had two 5 gallon buckets of silver coins but I would have had to seen it to believe it. State quarters maybe?
Thanks. I would love to hunt the beaches in the winter. I'm sure with erosion all kinds of oldies are within reach.

I believe it about that bank. Seems like halves are the way to go to get that silver. I may try some dimes eventually.

For me whether CRH or if I am fortunate enough to be able to get the occasional bag from the bank, I am primarily sticking to the halves now. I did a bag of nickels once and found 4 war nickels. That was a lot of dirty work for the payoff in my opinion. Also went through one $1000 bag of dimes. It took several days and netted a total of 4 silvers. I've been offered bags of quarters and passed on those.
I generally hunt while watching TV so no lost time... but it was tough on the eyes.

Back
Top Bottom