What do you CRHers do with your Canadian Finds?

PA_Rob

I'm not sure how a lot of you return your coins, but I use the machine at my bank, which somehow rejects almost all Canadian coins even if they're the same size...Basically all it takes is Canadian pennies. So I'm just curious, what do you guys do with foreign finds that aren't worth anything, but can't be returned? I use mine at self-checkouts at the grocery store, or for parking meters.

I have just been throwing them in a container with no real idea what to do. parking meters might be a decent idea. I figure maybe there is a Canadian CRH'er who would even trade me someday for all his useless US coins he finds. lol

I go google and pick a town in Canada, then go on to an online telephone directory and find an address there, then I package up all my Canadian money and ship it to them....:laughing:

KT just tosses em into his Royal Foreign Currency box...thinking about taking them down to Galveston TX on His next Royal Vacation and tossing them around on the beach! HA HA HA :lol::lol::lol: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

But perhaps an even better alternative is to find out about a local coin club where kids are involved and give them to the club to be given out every time a kid shows up for a meeting! Kids would greatly appreciate them!

I save all mine for our trips to Windsor to visit the in-laws. : ) It costs $4.75 to cross the Ambassador Bridge, (each way) so the 'free' money comes in handy.

I usually mix them in with my other change and spend them. I haven't been getting very many since I moved away from upstate NY!

My Canadian change just gets spent, unless it's a King George VI or older. I cannot remember a day at work where there has not been at least one Canadian coin in the change drawer. Well only 1c-25 cents. Canadian Loonies and Toonies don't circulate here.

Got $15.00 worth of Ca clad at a garage sale in Georgia for 50 cents, had them marked as foreign coins. Good for me, wife's Canadian, great for visits up north.

:lol:

i live in michigan they are very common in pocket change and nobody ever gives them a second look you just spend them

I was given a 1971 candian quarter and a 1992 south african 10 cent when I cashed my crusty clad in yesterday. I didn't know it be after they stopped making quarters out of silver they made them out of a magnetic metal so they get sucked up to the magnet in the coin counters. I told them it wasn't counting all my coins and they came over opened it up and said well there is these two foreign coins that might be causing it so I took them and will put the south african coin in my collecting just because you dont see that in the states to often

Back
Top Bottom