War & Buffalo Nickels per box

PA_Rob

Just read a threat on Wheats per $0.50 roll, and I just decided I'd post my findings with nickels. I've been doing nickels for some time now, and I do 2-4 boxes a week. After a few thousand dollars of nickels, I've found that in the average box ($100.00 Worth, of 2,000 Nickels) I will find 30 Pre-1960 Nickels (This includes all Pre 1960, whether they're Jeffersons, Buffalos, or War Nickels) .35 Buffalos, (roughly 1 ever 3 boxes) but only about .2 which have the dates on them still (1 every 5 boxes). I also tend to find right around 1.5 War Nickels per box. The pickens are slim, but they're out there! Just figured I'd share. And for all who want to know WHY I only do nickels, I'm trying to complete my Jefferson collection without buying any of them online!

-Rob

this year, I did 8 boxes and got 10 war nickels but only 2 buffalos. your average of pre 1960 nickels is pretty much the same with me as well.

At work in my change drawer I find a LOT of 1940's nickels, even a 1939 once. But I don't bother with them unless I get a war nickel, which I have yet to find. Found a few buffaloes though, weird. :confused:

Just read a threat on Wheats per $0.50 roll, and I just decided I'd post my findings with nickels. I've been doing nickels for some time now, and I do 2-4 boxes a week. After a few thousand dollars of nickels, I've found that in the average box ($100.00 Worth, of 2,000 Nickels) I will find 30 Pre-1960 Nickels (This includes all Pre 1960, whether they're Jeffersons, Buffalos, or War Nickels) .35 Buffalos, (roughly 1 ever 3 boxes) but only about .2 which have the dates on them still (1 every 5 boxes). I also tend to find right around 1.5 War Nickels per box. The pickens are slim, but they're out there! Just figured I'd share. And for all who want to know WHY I only do nickels, I'm trying to complete my Jefferson collection without buying any of them online!

-Rob

That's pretty amazing! your numbers are almost exactly what I see, although I have only done around $1500.00. I actually have found more buffalos than war nickels, but not by much. Also pulled a 1912 V nickel, which was a nice surprise. I am also doing it to fill a folder. I know that 1950-D is in the next box! Happy CRHing!

That's pretty amazing! your numbers are almost exactly what I see, although I have only done around $1500.00. I actually have found more buffalos than war nickels, but not by much. Also pulled a 1912 V nickel, which was a nice surprise. I am also doing it to fill a folder. I know that 1950-D is in the next box! Happy CRHing!

Let's hope it is! I found a 1950-D ALMOST UNCIRCULATED in a bank roll. I kid you not. I was alone in my room sitting at my desk, and said out loud "Oh...My...God......." to myself...haha. Good luck finding it! I'm thinking about starting a post about my daily finds and my goal of filling the folder

Back
Top Bottom