Walk Through Metal Detector For Coins

Don't know what to think about this one... Why would you care what valuables someone is carrying? Maybe if you owned a coin or jewelry shop, an the customer was leaving, with more than they enter with, and no purchase made...

Please give me suggestions

Hey guys so I have created a metal detector website. It's pretty basic right now but I plan to spice it up a bit. So can you please give me some feedback and tell me what is missing. What would you like to see that other websites fail at providing?
http://www.pti-world.com/hobby-detectors/

I obviously need to add more brands and more products but what else would you suggest goes on this part of my website?

Thanks in advance!

Well you have the Garrett Md's and the White Md's posted, but I did not see any other company.

Add coils, tools and the accessories and you're off to a great start.

If you're selling these, then by all means offer a price. Gather up some testimonials and tips for each MD.

All in all the site looks great. It just needs a bit more products to get it up and running. Check the sponsors board and see what other MD's are out there and add them to your list.

Just a few thoughts....

I like the layout. Nice and easy to navigate. Looks really good IMO.

As for things to add, maybe a video demo section for the hobby detectors?

perhaps direct it toward the completely clueless newbie.

Since there seems to be a never ending flood of first time users, you might direct it toward their enlightenment.
"Your first new detector" sort of thing.
You might start with getting the thing out of the box, assembling it, and go from there.
Todays beginners have much less experience with hands-on than previous generations did.
Explain about why and how the cord needs to be wrapped around the shaft, and why plastic hardware is used to attach the coil.

Explain what ground balance is and why it needs to be done, explain about how to sweep the ground (height and speed).

Include lots of links to Youtube showing how to actually use the machine.

If you do go this route, I suggest that you watch FMDF for a month and make a list of what questions the first timers/new members ask.

If you actually make some videos, fasten a camera to the detector so that it can see the screen and then run the phone jack into the camera. Then take it to your test garden and do some swinging so the new users can correlate sight, sound and target.

GL and HH,
John Morton

My suggestion would be stop spamming the forum. We have sponsors here that support the forum, and I am more than surprised that Craig or Rudy has not read you the riot act as yet. :no:

Is it against the forum rules to post a link to your own site and ask for feedback? I did not know that. :no:

Better Editing. Sling some red ink on the copy.

For instance "
With the holidays right around the corner we are all looking forward to locking up our businesses and getting all comfy and cozy at home. However if you are like I am you cannot get 100% relaxed because you are still trying to figure out if you took care of everything back at the office [...]

With the holidays right around the corner we are all looking forward to locking up our businesses and getting all comfy and cozy at home. However if you are like I am you cannot get 100% relaxed because you are still trying to figure out if you took care of everything back at the office before you headed out to celebrate with your family.
"
You have the same text twice. My time is too valuable to spend it reading something that isn't even proof read.

Pick your Audience
In reviewing your site, it needs to have a better sense of purpose, and a clearer more focussed direction. In skimming the site the first time, I am not sure if your site is aimed at hobby MDing or security systems.

Focus on your Audience needs/wants
Most consumers are either one or the other, but not both. At FMDF, there is lots of mentioning of hobby use of metal detectors, but I do not see any posts about folks going out and setting up security systems.
If you are perhaps trying to set up a site to help advertise security systems and hoping that the connection of the current price of gold and all the hoopla surrounding hobby detecting is going to bring in more viewers, I think your efforts are going to bear very little fruit.

I hope that this is accepted as positive criticism. I hope that you will continue on with your site and achieve success. My suggestions are just one man's opinion.
GL & HH,
John Morton

BTW, You might want to check out what Mark Twain said about choosing the right word, instead of a nearly right word.

Thanks Guys!

Hey I know it's a little late getting back on here but I just wanted to give a hardy thanks to those who gave me suggestions! Your suggestions are priceless!

As far as spam I had no idea I was considered spamming.... sorry if it seemed that way.

Keep the suggestions coming if you can think of anything. In the meantime I will work on implementing the above ideas.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom