Crazy day! 3 big coppers and big silver!

Waveoff

Elite Member
What a day! I started out the day detecting a 1903 door knock next door to my girlfriend's house. I found a 1908 indian and some wheats I had missed there with my Etrac on a previous hunt. My buddy James showed up with his AT Max and helped me detect the rest of the yard. He only found a couple of wheats.

I decided to take him to a spot down the road I have hit at least half a dozen times. An old farm house once stood in this spot and was gone sometime in the 1940s according the the old aerials. I've found a lot of early wheats and a couple of indians there on previous hunts. This was my first time there with the Nox. The hunt started off slow with us digging tons of iron and junk. I started hitting some wheats and then dug two more indians...a 1905 and an 1899 (that I lost somewhere along the way). All of a sudden James yells over that he found a large cent! It looks like a matron head but he hasn't had a chance to pull any detail off of it yet with his Andre's pencils. We weren't expecting anything that old from this spot. The house doesn't even appear on an 1876 map of the area. A couple of minutes later I hit a clad dime signal. I flipped the plug and 4" down I see a big silver disc! Out came a beautiful 1917 Walker. I put the pinpointer back in and got more beeping. Out came a big nail that was right next to the half. About an hour later I was working an area that I had scanned briefly with my Etrac on a previous hunt. I got a nice high tone with a solid 35 on the Nox. Out popped a thin copper disc with just enough detail to see a bust facing left. After cleaning it up some we were able to see that it was a KG2. My first one! Shortly after, I hit another high tone a few feet away and out popped a nice looking 1852 large cent! I kept working the area and got the same type of signal a few yards away. Out came another large copper with a bust facing right. I cleaned it up some at home and was able to determine that it's a 1774 KG3 halfpenny. Another first for me. It started snowing like crazy and the signals started getting sparse so we wrapped it up. 4 large coppers, a walker, a couple of indians, a bunch of wheats along with some cool mining and railroad relics made for an awesome day of detecting for us!

UPDATE: I forgot my friend had recorded a video of me plucking the Walker out of the ground. Link added below.

44mORtY.jpg

Xkla74h.jpg

YUB7ebJ.jpg

IyX7zBz.jpg

BSMjsER.jpg

OgL6LE1.jpg

07a1jUW.jpg

LWyLCQC.png

rzS6kRb.jpg

5gtrGM3.jpg

Last edited:
:wow::wow::wow:

I can’t even imagine that kind of Hunt! Congrats on the amazing finds.

As for the walker half: Nice in-situ pix. As for the LC's: "Nice photo shop" :sissyfight:

You never know what may start popping out on any given day that’s what so fun with out hobby... great saves and super nice walker!

AWESOME day indeed, thats one for the books Fred. Congrats on the big silver and coppers. You're having a great year. HH Mark

What a awesome day Fred. Congrats on the big Coppers, that beautiful Walker, all Indian's and Wheat's. Hunts like this are nothing short of fantastic but made even better by being shared with a good friend. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom