Didn't think it was gold til I got home.

bornhunter

Elite Member
Had a nice 2 hour water hunt today with the wife. I was suprised that 90% of my targets were just past the top of the sandbar. Ankle to thigh deep. Got a few bucks in coins, some junk bracelets, A stainless ring, silver T&CO earring, silver ring (bad stamp, looks like 950).
The gold cross looked to smooth and shiny. Gave appearance of plating. Didn't see a mark on it with the loupe in the car. Got home, under a bright light with a better loupe, saw part of an 8 and part of a 5. Maybe 585? So I sanded down a corner, looks the same color inside. 14k acid held really well. COOL! It is gold! 5.1 grams too.
HH BH

Attachments

• gold cross-silver8-5-13 001.jpg
    gold cross-silver8-5-13 001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 363
  • gold cross-silver8-5-13 002.JPG
    gold cross-silver8-5-13 002.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 357
  • gold cross-silver8-5-13 003.JPG
    gold cross-silver8-5-13 003.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 357
  • gold cross-silver8-5-13 004.JPG
    gold cross-silver8-5-13 004.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 367
Great hunt and cool beans that you found out the cross is gold. I'd check out that silver '950' ring a bit better, because sometimes Platinum is marked 950. Good luck on future hunts. : )

Great hunt and cool beans that you found out the cross is gold. I'd check out that silver '950' ring a bit better, because sometimes Platinum is marked 950. Good luck on future hunts. : )

The ring does test silver. I tested it at your suggestion, and you were right in saying so. Oh well, I like silver too.
HH BH

Nice haul! After breaking my chain with a pendant on it, I figured out why we don't find as many chains as we do pendants. If it doesn't break at the clasp you can still feel it on your neck way before it slides off. The pendant drops quick!:lol: HH

Nice haul! After breaking my chain with a pendant on it, I figured out why we don't find as many chains as we do pendants. If it doesn't break at the clasp you can still feel it on your neck way before it slides off. The pendant drops quick!:lol: HH

That is what I always thought. Nice to hear it from you because of your experience. Sorry your chain broke, who was yanking it?:shock::laughing:
HH BH

Back
Top Bottom