Using Two Detectors Close To Each Other

ssjagger

My wife and I are heading south for a week and would like to walk along with each other while metal detecting so I was wondering, on a salt water beach, what's the closest you can get to another detector before it starts to false? Can you get closer to each other with a VLF machine then with PI machine?

We don't have a real good dry sand (salt water beach) machine so I figured I could pick up a couple for our trip. Any suggestions?

It will depend on how high your sensitivity is set, what brand of detectors, and a few other things.

If you're shopping for detectors and plan to detect near each other often, look into detectors with noise cancellation, like the Minelab X-Terra line. They allow you to shift the operating frequency slightly so that they don't electronically interfere with each other.

Another option is to get detectors with different operating frequencies. Most decent detectors have the frequencies in their specifications.

When I get close to CZ's Xcals PI's, maybe 25 to 35 feet interferance

My thinking is if we work side by side we can cover more area more thoroughly and still be able to chit chat without having to yell.

What kind of detectors are you talking?? I see you have a 1280X and a CZ-21. Are they the two?

If so the 1280X is 2.4KHZ and the CZ-21 is 5 and 15KHZ. Should be absolutely no problem. TWO Fisher CZ-21's will lose depth and sensitivity within 35' of each other.

What kind of detectors are you talking?? I see you have a 1280X and a CZ-21. Are they the two?

If so the 1280X is 2.4KHZ and the CZ-21 is 5 and 15KHZ. Should be absolutely no problem. TWO Fisher CZ-21's will lose depth and sensitivity within 35' of each other.

Hi

No, I'm thinking of getting a couple of new machines for the trip, something alot lighter then the 1280x & CZ-21. I have Fisher F2 as well, but it doesn't like salt water beach sand.

Back
Top Bottom