ace 400 and nickels?

dohcsvt

Hello, I used to MD with my G-pa, and now 30 years later I have gotten a new detector and have taken it out a few times. I went to a ballfield on Sunday and found
1 Wheat penny and 32 clad coins :D its good for me.

Heres my question, my ACE400 would give a nickel signal and I would find a pull tab. This happened 3 times...all tabs, no nickels, so I just quit trying to dig nickels. Obviously if I were hunting an old homestead or something I would dig them, but in a ball field its just annoying. Is there a trick that I do not know about?

Thanks for any feedback.
Ottis

Hello, I used to MD with my G-pa, and now 30 years later I have gotten a new detector and have taken it out a few times. I went to a ballfield on Sunday and found
1 Wheat penny and 32 clad coins :D its good for me.

Heres my question, my ACE400 would give a nickel signal and I would find a pull tab. This happened 3 times...all tabs, no nickels, so I just quit trying to dig nickels. Obviously if I were hunting an old homestead or something I would dig them, but in a ball field its just annoying. Is there a trick that I do not know about?

Thanks for any feedback.
Ottis

Nickels and pull tabs are very similar in the eyes of a detector. If you follow the forums and look at people's finds, you'll notice that nickels are underrepresented because many people focus on higher conductor signals (e.g., silver, quarters, etc...). If you skip those nickel signals you're going to miss gold jewelry.

Thanks for the feed back. that is good information to know.

Additionally, I am going to do some testing and see if maybe I can get to where I can narrow the number range to a small are for good nickel targets.

Nickels and pull tabs are very similar in the eyes of a detector. If you follow the forums and look at people's finds, you'll notice that nickels are underrepresented because many people focus on higher conductor signals (e.g., silver, quarters, etc...). If you skip those nickel signals you're going to miss gold jewelry.

Yep, and conversely posts with nickle and gold finds also dig lots of pull tabs.

Pull tabs come with the Nickles as do other rewards such as Gold. My advice is to dig them and just consider it cleaning the grounds and the Nickles and Gold the payment for your efforts. Trapper

Awesome information!

I have done my testing with nickels gold rings and pull tabs and come up with my area of acceptable digging rangešŸ˜. Appears to be 41 to 49, buffalos in the middle of that, modern nickels at the upper end, and gold in the middle and low end.

You will find that smashed aluminum cans and sprinkler heads will give you a silver half dollar signal too.

Back
Top Bottom