• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

No silver, but .......

Semtav

Elite Member
I finally broke in to the 1800's !!!! Got my first real chance to go hunting for a morning. Friend and I flew out to an area that had an old church foundation, a school and a couple homesteads. First place we lit , the grass was clear up to our waist so we gave up on that homestead. Taxied a quarter mile to the church. Spooked up coyote on our way over. As I was walking up to the church, I got a signal slightly lower than a penny. Turned out to be a 1906 Indian Head penny. Now my day was already made. Friend found a 1904 IHP and a wheat penny in the basement, and I found two more close to the foundation. Then we went to the school where I found the 1911 V nickel, and found another wheat penny by the flagpole. After hunting there a while more, decided to go find a homestead in shorter grass. Lit a couple hundred yards from log house and while I was walking toward it, I got a signal I was sure was a cartridge. When a coin popped out, I called early IHP and sure enough, my first 1800 coin, a 1895 IHP. Only coin we found there and by then it was getting hot so we called it a day. !!
KIMG0512.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Congratz on breaking the 1900 barrier. Pretty soon, it will be common-place. And then ... before you know it .... any coin newer than 1850 will bore you, eh ? :laughing:

Some nice looking coins there. I guess the dry climate helps, congrats.
Yea, I've found early 1900 coins just like that in several places now !!

I'd call that a good hunt for sure.
thanks

Nice old digs there! Could be some silvers around there too, to find another day.
I hope so . Suprised we didn't find at least one.

Very nice finds!
thanks

Congratz on breaking the 1900 barrier. Pretty soon, it will be common-place. And then ... before you know it .... any coin newer than 1850 will bore you, eh ? :laughing:

Well considering this areas was settled late 1800's, early 1900's, I'm probably going to be bored a lot !!

Very nice recovery on those oldies...Congrats!
thanks

That's the way to go detecting! FLY :takeoff:
\
Yea. Beats a couple hours driving !! Woulda taken us longer just to drive there and back than the whole hunt took.

Congrats on the Indian's and the "V". Flying in must be costly but the time you save can earn you some very nice rewards. Trapper
Thanks. Really isn't more expensive in the long run . Since I already have the plane and use it for work.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom