Just killing time

TheMaddMan

Elite Member
Left work a couple hours early Friday to get ready to go dig a civil war camp. Meeting my buddy next town over and got there a couple hours early. What else to do but head to the lake and dig the beach. 3rd target was a bingo, 18K ring. 1st gold of the year for me. Right before I left, I picked up the 925 crucifix. Met Jim and we drove 2 states over to Alabama. Even though it's not water digs, I'm going to show off my first Civil War relics too. 5 bullets and a knapsack hook, both 1st. Great weekend for me. Keep on keeping on and HH.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Handsie said it's about dang time
picture.php

Dirt church
picture.php

:dingding: Congrats on the awesome 18K and the CW stuff! That ring looked heavier to me.

Great hunt and congrats on the gold!!! A nice one too. Love those relics as well. did you use the same machine for both hunts or do you switch them out?

:dingding: Congrats on the awesome 18K and the CW stuff! That ring looked heavier to me.

Thanks. I wish it were.

Nice finds there. Congrats. Those are awesome bullets.

Thank you
Nice hunt! Congrats on the 18k!

Thank you
I dug one of those bayonet finials in my first civil war hunt as well. Cool find, congrats.

I had no idea what it was, just knew it looked old. Thank you for the info.

FINE hunt, congrats!

Thank you
Congrats on the very cool finds!

Thanks
Great digs! Love that CW stuff, and who doesn't like the gold

Thank you. Yep, might have gotten me hooked on the CW stuff too.

Congrats on a fine hunt with some very nice finds. Lots of snow and ice here so hunting is on hold. GL & HH.

Thank you

Thank you
Great hunt and congrats on the gold!!! A nice one too. Love those relics as well. did you use the same machine for both hunts or do you switch them out?

Thanks. No, Excal II for the beach, AT Gold for the CW stuff.

To be more specific, I'm pretty sure it's the finial from the end of a bayonet scabbard. See the pics below:

Thanks. I wish it were.
I had no idea what it was, just knew it looked old. Thank you for the info.

Attachments

• pre1863tipsand finials2.jpg
    pre1863tipsand finials2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 517
  • M1842Scabbard_tip.jpg
    M1842Scabbard_tip.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 502
Ding,ding for the ring!:dingding::dingding::dingding::dingding::bling::lol:

Thanks

Awesome hunt...a great start to the year....

Yep, be hard to top in my opinion.

Congrats on the CW relics , now your going to be hooked.:lol: Some nice finds

Yes, I am. Researching a location a couple hours away, 4 day battle.

Great hunting report ! Love the photos and obviously a big congratulations on that 18 k ��
HH .
,Dew

Thank you.
Congrats on the Gold and Sterling along with some very fine historical recoveries. Some very complete hunting there. Trapper

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom