Bummer.....

gsmith

We'll just great!....wife and granddaughters came home from school to find the front door kicked in!...at first thought nothing was missing till I looked into bedroom closet...2 shotguns still there...laptop still there...iPad mini still there... only thing they took was my metal detector and gear!...un believable!...and of course the value is just below our detuctable!...so I guess any of you in the Wichita area watch out!...And am guessing you ain't gonna see me out and about till I can afford another or get lucky and police recover mine...

That is really too bad. :( At least they didn't take the guns. :laughing: Really sorry about that, hope you are able to get a good deal on a detector soon.

If you live around a Harbor Freight, they have a really good detector for under $50. The Harbor Freight 9 Function detector has a pinpoint button & volume adjust as well as a headphone jack. It runs on 6 Double A's (AA) and detects coins at around 7''-8'' deep. I don't recommend the 6-function though, even though it's cheaper it has less features and you have to manually ground balance every few feet. :mder:

Check the pawn shops. Sounds like it might have been underage kids. The guns would have required adult I.D. to pawn, and the electronics almost as closely scrutinized. The detector is probably the easiest to hock for quick cash, if you're a juvenile criminal.
How about prescription meds?

Roger

Wow, that's pretty weird. Well, thank God they didn't take anything else or wipe you out. Probably have high hopes of finding mad cash with the detectors, jokes on them! Just that feeling of being invaded sucks pretty freaking bad though.

Have you been out detecting a lot lately? I mean maybe your wife just wanted you home for the holiday preps. :laughing::laughing: I know it's not funny, just trying to lighten the mood. Sorry that that happened.

THIEF'S we all despise them, hope cops catch the punks.
On the lighter side what about a new Nox coming out soon.

This summer some one stole my pressure washer 100 and rear license plate, costs 18 to replace plus cost of the custom plate frame 20

Damn glad they didn’t get your firearms, time for a gun safe?

Sorry to hear, I’ve had stuff stolen and it sucks for sure :/

Obviously they were after the detector, (otherwise they would've taken something else), so clearly they knew you had a detector, and they also knew where you lived (hence why they knew were to break in). I reckon someone followed you home after a hunt, or saw you unloading the detector from the car in your driveway/garage. Have you noticed someone closely watching you whilst you were detecting, or did you see someone following you home after a hunt?

GTS225 might be right, in that it's just kids and that they'll sell it, but if I were you I would also keep an eye on the local parks/beaches (I don't know if there are beaches where you live) to see if there's someone using your machine. Good luck! :)

Get the word out to all local detectorists to keep an eye out. You will not find the gear in a pawn shop, they left more valuable stuff behind. Whoever took it saw you, watched you, knew where you lived and possibly where in the house you kept your gear. Think....has anyone approached you lately while detecting? Has anyone asked about your gear or what you find? Just seems weird that they took your gear and left other expensive stuff behind.

I sorta know how you feel as I hosted a family member to stay here for a few days and when they disappeared I realized most of my big silver was gone!:shock:

Good luck, I hope you find your stuff

Obviously they were after the detector, (otherwise they would've taken something else), so clearly they knew you had a detector, and they also knew where you lived (hence why they knew were to break in). I reckon someone followed you home after a hunt, or saw you unloading the detector from the car in your driveway/garage. Have you noticed someone closely watching you whilst you were detecting, or did you see someone following you home after a hunt?

GTS225 might be right, in that it's just kids and that they'll sell it, but if I were you I would also keep an eye on the local parks/beaches (I don't know if there are beaches where you live) to see if there's someone using your machine. Good luck! :)

x2 who ever it was they knew you they knew what they wanted and took it

Very sorry to hear that, maybe you might think about getting one of those security cameras that record video when they detect motion and save it in the "cloud" so you can access it from anywhere. There are even features where it can notify you by email (and maybe even by text) when it detects motion.

x2 who ever it was they knew you they knew what they wanted and took it

Agree with this^. Suspect someone that has been in your home. Had it been a "normal" burglary, they would have taken the guns, meds, and all your other valuables. Your detecting equipment was specifically targeted, and the perp(s) likely had been a guest(s) in your home, and knew exactly where you keep your metal detecting equipment. Like in X-Files, "Trust no one!" Think long and hard about who it could be, and don't be too surprised if it turns out to be someone that you trusted and would never suspect. It happens all the time. :(

THIEF'S we all despise them, hope cops catch the punks.
On the lighter side what about a new Nox coming out soon.

This summer some one stole my pressure washer 100 and rear license plate, costs 18 to replace plus cost of the custom plate frame 20

That happened to me a few yrs ago. Parked my car at my cousins for the day, realized a day or two later the back plate was gone... $20 poof. Knew I should have parked in their iron gated driveway.

They steal the back plate to use in other bigger crimes. Either they have the same car as you that they need to disguise, or they stole a car like yours.

Very sorry to hear that, maybe you might think about getting one of those security cameras that record video when they detect motion and save it in the "cloud" so you can access it from anywhere. There are even features where it can notify you by email (and maybe even by text) when it detects motion.

My wife actually won one of these a couple of years ago and it work pretty good. Just screw it to the side of your door like a regular doorbell. Motion activiated so whenever someone comes near it it automatically alert you via cell. You don't even need to be home. Can pull it up on your phone and see and hear everything going on outside. You can even have a conversation with the person at the door. We were on vacation 2 years ago and my father in law would come down and check the mail for us and it caught him off guard when my wife started talking to him through the doorbell when we were 350 miles away.

https://ring.com/

My wife actually won one of these a couple of years ago and it work pretty good. Just screw it to the side of your door like a regular doorbell. Motion activiated so whenever someone comes near it it automatically alert you via cell. You don't even need to be home. Can pull it up on your phone and see and hear everything going on outside. You can even have a conversation with the person at the door. We were on vacation 2 years ago and my father in law would come down and check the mail for us and it caught him off guard when my wife started talking to him through the doorbell when we were 350 miles away.

https://ring.com/

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

.....that must have been funny when he wasn't expecting a "talking doorbell" :lol:

I heard of those doorbell cameras, pretty neat, I'm in the process of hooking up an outdoor IP security camera that will give us a view of our front yard, the driveway, and the sidewalk leading right up to the door. It has IR night vision up to 100 feet and can be set up to notify us if it detects motion, we can view the live feed at home thru our home WIFI or thru our smartphones on a data connection when we are away from home, and there is no monthly fees involved. It is a bit of a technical challenge setting it up as you want to have the remote feed go thru a VPN to protect from hackers, if your router does not have a built in VPN there is a free open source software version (it is what I needed to use) called Softether https://www.softether.org/ and here is the camera we got - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6NN4ZI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 but remember if technical stuff with routers and network settings might be a challenge for anyone then maybe that doorbell camera might be a simpler solution.

Back
Top Bottom