Midwest Scrappers

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
Carol K & Bearharold, this is your thread to enter your finds for the contest and also keep in touch with each other.

Bearharold Hunt 1 - small park -8-1-08

Only was out for a short hour hunt and the pickens were slim , dug a empty rifle shell also . 88 degrees out right now , with high humidity .

Bearharoldscoins8-1-08001-1.jpg

Good start Bearharold, glad to see you got out! It was too hot here today. Vlad and I worked on doing concrete on the back of the house.

We have to head to Iowa on Sunday to pick up a transmission for the Jeep. I think we're staying at a campground on the way back. I hope to get some d'tectn' done. :yes:

Maybe I'll slip out early tomorrow morning to the park before everyone in town wakes up. There is a volleyball court not far from here.

Sounds good hope you have a nice trip . I have been hitting our big park some the last two weeks but its not producing much . They have a volleyball court in it too , but I have never seen anyone useing it , but I'm going to slip in there some morning and see what I find . I tried a small tot lot this morning in the same small park I was hunting in and there wasn't nothing in the tot lot only got one foil signal even dug it and checked it , only signal I got in the lot . Found most of my coins and pull tabs around the one and only shelter house they had in this park . Think I will start on the old fair grounds at the airport where my friend works , I have hunted it pretty hard but was passing everything up except sure coin signals , so now will go back and see what I been missing . lol Have fun ttyl

Bearharold hunt # 2 -- ( 8 - 2 - 08 )

Well heres a few more pull tabs and clad for our score . Went to old fair ground today thats been hunted pretty hard so mostly pull tabs and chopped up beer cans and a few clad . Good luck everyone .

Contestfindshunt2002.jpg

Bearharold hunt # 2 -- ( 8 - 2 - 08 )
Well heres a few more pull tabs and clad for our score . Went to old fair ground today thats been hunted pretty hard so mostly pull tabs and chopped up beer cans and a few clad . Good luck everyone .

The way you're coming up with all those old pull tabs, you may end up with some gold!
Good Luck!

I would be glad to get some gold but not counting on it to much , there was alot of beer drinkers around there tho . thanks

Bearharold hunt # 3 (8 - 5 - 08)

Well hit another shade tree at the old fair grounds today and almost didn't find any clad , one penny and 28 pull tabs in about a hour hunting .

todaysfinds8-5-08001.jpg

Bearharolds finds - hunt #4 ( 8 - 6 - 08 )

Well went to local park today , found a little clad and a few more pulltabs. Was to tired to dig all the pull tabs I got signals on today. The ground was very dry and hard in the park today .

todaysfinds8-6-08.jpg

Bearharolds finds ( 8 - 11 - 08 )

Well hit several spots to get these finds today 9.75 points. The rifle shell doesn't count but was a find in a tot lot so posted it with the rest . This is alot of digging plus the junk that don't count for a old crippled guy in hard dried out soil and for so little points . lol

Grand total 32.25 Tinky

todaysfinds8-11-08002.jpg

Bearharolds finds for (8 - 16 - 08)

Heres my finds for today removed from a roadside park thats hunted alot .
( Grand total 38.50 )

todaysfinds8-16-08001.jpg

Bearharolds finds ( 8 - 19 - 08 )

Heres my finds from a old farm house outside of town and the pulltabs from the old fair grounds for 8-19-08 .
4 wheats 1919 , 1944 , 1951 and 1956
3 dimes and four pennies all clad
16 pulltabs
Total 65.75 points
Grand total points = 104.25

todaysfinds8-19-08001.jpg

Wheats8-19-08.jpg

Nice going Bear, those wheats must have been a surprise! Not much going on around here, it looks like school has started, and the "winds" have started. It's been windy here for the past 3 days, but no rain since Aug 5th.

Back
Top Bottom