team iron pig

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
this is your thread to enter your finds for the contest also to keep in touch with each other.

found this morning at one of my favorite old parks...the park at one time was a big amusement park like place and closed down in the late 60s early 70s and now is just a big field with a couple ball fields on it. i find all my old stuff in the adjacent woods. good for 70 points. also found some clad but will add that in with what i find at the tot lots later on. the wheats are hard to see but if yall need closer pics that can be done.

Attachments

• P7310155.JPG
    P7310155.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 411
last entry for the day. i wont be able to hunt tomorrow do to unforeseen "plans" my wife just told me i had.
found this stuff at a local elm school tot lot..to bad i cant enter pull tabs as i dug my fair share of em today,normally the woodchips at this lot produce quit a bit but today it was only good for a few clad coins and the junk ring. found the gold ring on my way back to the truck,rite up against the sidewalk near the main road. also found 9 pennies but since it takes 10 to get a point ill hold on to um until i find another one...can prolly go out in the yard and find on in a couple seconds but ive been up for 24hrs now so rite now a point is worth less than some sleep lol

Points 37.4

Attachments

• P8010156.JPG
    P8010156.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 401
  • P8010157.JPG
    P8010157.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 337
welp i guess the plans my wife had for me are out the window now...she said she is going to have her hair done then gonna take my daughter to g get school supplies..so my day is officially free!!!!!!!!! so ima go take the tejon out. theres a a school in the booneys that was abandoned in the late 60s,the main yard is fenced off but there is a huge field next to it that ive had my eye on for awhile so ima go hit that.

hunted an old abandoned school outside of town..thought for sure it would be hunted before but with the abundance of targets it doesnt look like it. my tejon was so unstable i had to break out xlt and dug only high targets,dug the ring with the tejon and all the coins with the xlt. this will be my last hunt fr a week or so since i gotta work a bit of over time this coming week. very good way to end the weekend. was a very enjoyable but very hot day.i hunted it hard but im sure i missed stuff so ill be back there next weekend hopefully.

Point:140

Attachments

• P8020158.JPG
    P8020158.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 312
had no plans to hunt today but was talking with my dad late last night and he asked if i had found anything at the fair grounds since the county fair ended last week....i completely forgot about the fair! last year in 2 days i found 8 gold rings/chains,14 silver rings/bracelets,chains and charms and over $40 in clad. si i headed out there at day light today figuring it had already been gone over real good in a week...which i think it was,very few surface finds and very few quarters compaired to last year. managed one gold ring,2 fakes a silver braclet and found 3 bangal bracelets in a volly ball pit on the fair grounds...thought they where real but no marks and a bit of clad. was hoping for a silver coin today so i went back to my favorite park after the fair grounds and hunted a spot ive never hunted...no silver coins but did manage to scrap up 2 wheats for a days total of 107 points

Attachments

• P8030159.JPG
    P8030159.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 276
  • P8030164.JPG
    P8030164.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 287
  • P8030165.JPG
    P8030165.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 273
Damn dude .......you are smoking everyone...I aint even seen you partner yet..not like you need him.......maybe your detectors will break and someone else can take the lead for a day or two ..........:D:D:lol: ........Only kidding of course, your finds just make me try harder thanks, and good luck next trip...

well im done for a couple days..maybe until next friday morning. gotta go back to work tonight...i do get out sometimes after work but i gotta work mucho OT so ill probably be to tired for after work hunts. thanks.

Dang dude, I go away for a couple days and miss all your sweet finds! I got a couple wheaties in my yard today that i'll post pics of tomorrow. Hopefully some of your luck will rub off on me and we can keep this thing going!

Dang dude, I go away for a couple days and miss all your sweet finds! I got a couple wheaties in my yard today that i'll post pics of tomorrow. Hopefully some of your luck will rub off on me and we can keep this thing going!

hey there you are! good deal every point helps 2 wheaties equal 30 point for you i think.

Alright, as promised here are my pics of what i found yesterday. 2 wheaties...a 46 and a 58, and a 68 memorial cent. 3 coins for a total of 30 1/4 pts.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 274
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 266
just got permission to hunt a section of my favorite park that has been gated from the public for 40 years. it use to be the main entrance and picnic area for the park but is now a place used to store the mowing equipment and other things for the park...there was a salt water swimming pool there in the 20s.

Very nice RH....im sure theres lots of goodies wating in there for you to dig up. I hit another section of my yard today and came up with 1 quarter, 2 dimes, and 5 pennies (1 wheat) The thing with the little angel on it is a makeup compact i think. Its copper, half dollar size, and has red stuff in it. The aluminum piece next to that im not sure about but my guess is maybe a candy mold for like chocolate? maybe? The little tiny thing is off a pair of jeans from around the pocket and of course a washer. The other round thing is about the size of a quarter and has 2567 written on it. Its aluminum and might have been a pin but who knows. The glass was found in one of the holes and fits together. Total pts for the coins is 16 3/4. Good luck and HH!!!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 231
good job man...keep at it im sure youve got some silver in that yard somewhere.

Well, the "honey dew" list had a few things on it today but i did manage to sneak in about 15 min of detecting time while i was "working outside" :lol:. Dug about 1/2 dozen targets and came up with a 1920 wheatie good for 15 more pts. Also dug 4 BIG aluminum nails about 9" long. Are these for concrete??? No silver yet but its a comin....I can feel it!!!! Good luck and HH!!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 204
Back
Top Bottom