Deus vs v3i

The key to your favorite detector is being able to connect with it. The V3i is easier to connect with than the Deus but the Deus has a lot of good reason to want to connect with it. The Bootcamp for the Deus is designed to help you connect with the Deus quicker. I think the V3i is the quicker machine to connect with but the Deus has the great possibilities.

In the end it is up to the user which they will like. And which they will like is most cases will be determined by how quick the connect with it. I've seen people who have gone out and found some good stuff within their first few hunts with a $400 detector and so to them that $400 detector beats and $1,00+ detector on the market. When all the time it was just the timing of being at the right place at the right time.

Can't speak for the deus. But of all the VDI machines I've used, Whites was the best for me. My CTX doesn't VDI as accurate as my DFX does. Or V3i did. I wasn't able to master my V3i beach hunting. Didn't want to ruin it on day to day beach hunting. My first DFX got a little crusty looking after years of salt environment. But still works like a swiss watch. Whites machines repairs are affordable. A Deus out of warranty I don't know what they charge? Bought a used DFX and had everything replaced including the screen for less than $150 shipped both ways when I had it done.

I'm not completely ruling out an etrac either i guess the main two are the deus and v3i with an etrac in close third. Being able to test all 3 would be awesome but not an option seeing as the closest dealer is about 300 miles from me. Thanks again everyone on the advise.

I'm not completely ruling out an etrac either i guess the main two are the deus and v3i with an etrac in close third. Being able to test all 3 would be awesome but not an option seeing as the closest dealer is about 300 miles from me. Thanks again everyone on the advise.

300 miles? That sucks. As you can see some of us like the V3i, Others like the Deus. I can assure you that they will both find the same targets, so this shouldn't be a concern. The real question is which one appeals to you more as far as options, feel, target ID, etc. Are you a turn on and go guy, or do you like flashy displays and customization options? Which tones do you like? Check out the company made videos on Youtube as well, I know White's has several listed for the V3i, and I'm sure Deus has listed company made videos as well. I had to base my decision off forums, and videos as well. I find the V3i to be fun, I love tinkering with it, and tweaking its performance, however some might find that a hindrance. Whichever detector you chose I'm sure you'll be happy with it. It's like BMW and Mercedes, at the end of the day they're both nice rides.

Another good point coiltosoil. Like the luxury car comparison. Think I'm going to flip a coin. I'm sure I'll be happy to own either one. The only reservation I have about the etrac is I've read a lot about how it will null out over a good target. I've read it is hands down the best detector in a clean field. I mostly hunt in trashy areas full of iron or trashy parks full of can slaw and pull tabs. Maybe I'm wrong but reading I've done and videos just make me feel the etrac can't keep up with the other 2 in these environments.

Another good point coiltosoil. Like the luxury car comparison. Think I'm going to flip a coin. I'm sure I'll be happy to own either one. The only reservation I have about the etrac is I've read a lot about how it will null out over a good target. I've read it is hands down the best detector in a clean field. I mostly hunt in trashy areas full of iron or trashy parks full of can slaw and pull tabs. Maybe I'm wrong but reading I've done and videos just make me feel the etrac can't keep up with the other 2 in these environments.

I can't comment on the E-trac, but the Explorers are very slow, and require a very slow sweep speed, that's not my style, and it drives me nuts when I use it. I found the Whites and Fisher detectors to be more to my liking in that aspect. Where my Explorer, (and the E-trac from what I've read) seem to excel is park hunting for silver coins, just as the F75's do very well hunting woods, and fields, and the V3i tends to do well at most sites since it's so customizable. I wouldn't necessarily flip a coin, I'd make an educated guess on which you'd enjoy more from the videos and information you can find on the net haha What do you mostly hunt? coins, relics?

The majority of hunting I do is for coins. Parks and schools are 95% of my hunts. I do hunt 2 freshwater beaches about once a week for jewelry (getting an at pro) for the beaches. Also about once a week I'll hunt over grown farm sites and churches/ one room school houses. I live in the prairies so no woods or saltwater. The city I live in is only about 120 years old. I've never had any issues with depth with my delta 4000 hit tons of silver dimes at 8-10 inches when the soil is wet. Not sure personally how the mineralization is here been told is really low. Emi can be a issue with over head lines and such but no major issues there as well. Biggest issue by far is the older sites I hunt have a target every 6" to a foot so target separation and masking are the biggest issues I have. Really all it is now to hunt these areas is beep and dig with the delta. I'd say every third good target I dig has at least some kind of junk in the hole with it. Average depth of silver targets is 6" and the delta nails these vdi is jumpy but stays within say 5 numbers. Any deeper than that and it's just fluke on what I'm digging not even best guess. So to sum up what I need in a machine is 1) target separation 2) the least masking the best ( I understand this is hard to achieve) 3) accurate vdi on a clean target up to 8-9 inches and 4) something that's cool and exciting to play with. Like a garrett 2500 is probably one of the ugliest boring looking things I've seen

If you do freshwater hunting the deus is a no brainer...buy the new xp waterproof kit and you have absolutely no need for an atpro..

The majority of hunting I do is for coins. Parks and schools are 95% of my hunts. I do hunt 2 freshwater beaches about once a week for jewelry (getting an at pro) for the beaches. Also about once a week I'll hunt over grown farm sites and churches/ one room school houses. I live in the prairies so no woods or saltwater. The city I live in is only about 120 years old. I've never had any issues with depth with my delta 4000 hit tons of silver dimes at 8-10 inches when the soil is wet. Not sure personally how the mineralization is here been told is really low. Emi can be a issue with over head lines and such but no major issues there as well. Biggest issue by far is the older sites I hunt have a target every 6" to a foot so target separation and masking are the biggest issues I have. Really all it is now to hunt these areas is beep and dig with the delta. I'd say every third good target I dig has at least some kind of junk in the hole with it. Average depth of silver targets is 6" and the delta nails these vdi is jumpy but stays within say 5 numbers. Any deeper than that and it's just fluke on what I'm digging not even best guess. So to sum up what I need in a machine is 1) target separation 2) the least masking the best ( I understand this is hard to achieve) 3) accurate vdi on a clean target up to 8-9 inches and 4) something that's cool and exciting to play with. Like a garrett 2500 is probably one of the ugliest boring looking things I've seen

Well as a coin and relic hunter I went with the V3i, it was the right detector for me. What really sold me (other than the key performance features, and Whites reliability) was the fun aspect. I enjoy creating programs, changing displays, colors, tones, etc. I considered the Deus as well, it's a pretty impressive detector.

Have you considered an F75 as a secondary detector? It's about as good as they come for farm field hunting. I really enjoy the V3i/F75 combo, they compliment each other well, it should work nicely on fresh water beaches, unless you plan to hunt in the water.

Ya plan to hunt in the water. There are a couple streams around here that are pretty gnarly to get at that wouldn't mind taking it to as well. Just would hate to drop it in the water or something. It rains a lot in the sprin as well so would like a beater water proof detector

I feel I may be able to offer some unbiased information here as I was a loyal Whites user for 20 years and now use a Deus as my primary detector.

The one thing I am certain about is the Deus has a MUCH faster recovery speed than all White's detectors. I also believe the Deus can reach as deep as all whites detectors and weighs about 2 pounds less.

I do believe that White's detectors have a MUCH better display and more solid VDI's than the Deus. The VDI's on the whites detector are not quite as jumpy as the Deus, however, the Deus is more of an audio detector.

I used a Whites DFX for about 14 years and found countless coins and relics. When I decided to upgrade to a new detector I was also torn between the
V3i and the Deus. I do not regret going with the Deus, its a fun machine to use.

Hey thanks everyone. Nobody has made it any easier lol. Kinda was hoping everyone would just trash talk one or the other to make my decision a little easier. I think they both have a lot of good qualities that id love to have. Now with the deus what's the advantage of using the headphones that come with it. If I'm getting the controler with it seems kinda pointless to get $400 headphones.

Hey thanks everyone. Nobody has made it any easier lol. Kinda was hoping everyone would just trash talk one or the other to make my decision a little easier. I think they both have a lot of good qualities that id love to have. Now with the deus what's the advantage of using the headphones that come with it. If I'm getting the controler with it seems kinda pointless to get $400 headphones.

I got the ws4s for the reason its easy to take the control piece off and marry up to grey ghost, chephones or vance muffs. Also they are lighter and cheaper than the ws5s.
They also make a wristwatch now that the little controller piece will fit in. So to me the extra 100 wasn't worth it on the ws5 package p.s. sending you a pm

since the etrac same up I will put in my two cents. there is tons of coils to fit them and can be had reasonably priced used. the only time they "null out" is when you have stuff blocked out, but even then when it nulls over iron if I get it over a good target it still hits on it. The swing speed is the slowest of the three in trashy area's but it rocks. with lots of iron I use TTF and it kills it also. target ID is awesome and depth is fantastic ... there is a reason why all other machines are compaired to Etracs. they set the standard ... I hunt with a guy that has the Deus and other than weight of it I will stick with my Etrac. EMI is never a problem and I hunt in all types of places. I turn on and go, I hunt with an open screen, auto +3 sens. and never even do a noise cancel unless I am having issues ... if coins are you gig and especially silver it's Etrac time baby

^^ so you've never had a v3i?

RD is adjustable...prolly still not as fast as deus though.

I have not owned a V3i, however, I have used one. I have tried just about all the White's land detectors. I was never to impressed with the recovery speed of White's detectors to be honest; Other than that I love their machines and their great service.

Back
Top Bottom