• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

help ID rifle cocking lever

klark200814

I found an old cocking lever for an old repeater type rifle. im still tryn to find out if it is from a toy or a real rifle. when i found it it was completly covered in rust. today i realized that there is a brass/other metalic color under the rust. i started chipping away the rust and under almost all of the rust is clean metl. i have seen some real repeater rifles with about the same exact design can anyone help me out one where i can find some info

lever action

let me know if you get the pic not sure how clear it is its from my phone

Attachments

• 120318_001[1].jpg
    120318_001[1].jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 254

could be...ive been looking under toy lever action real bb pellet airsoft..not look exactly like it but found 3 real lever actions that are the closest to it ill keep looking though thanks

Looks like a fairly new style Marlin 336 30-30 cocking lever to me. I'm a gunsmith by trade,try cleaning her up a bit more .
i could be wrong but the lever on the 336 curves and the trigger guard is too thick thats why i thought it could be off of an old dasiy BB gun.

lol I know i have been to its driving me crazy..there are so many different cocking levers its crazy..a buddy told me that during civil war that alot of different gunsmiths or black smiths would make replacement or aftermarket parts..he said thats part of why the same model gun might have parts slightly different but still mechanicly the same. so im not sure. i found and old .22 revolver mabe 40 feet from where i found the cocking lever and also a shell casing...im not sure what cal the casing is almost looks close to 9mm but a bit smaller. i kind of messed up and forgot to mark where i found them though..i want to rescan the area a bit more

the marlins lever action is more squared than this it seems..on the one i have the top corner where your fingers goes in is pretty much a 45 degree angle..the botton is rounded.and it doesnt have the little tail sticking out i guess you can call it on the edge where the action meets stock. Iv had lots of break action pellet, air rifles and toy guns and not have looked like this...and the quality seems to good to be on a toy it seems..and most of the time the toy guns lever action gets really really carotid from what i remember but who knows...theres lots of history in my area and it was in some wood that were heavily hunted also.

heres the gun and

Attachments

• 120318_002[1].jpg
    120318_002[1].jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 120315_001[1].jpg
    120315_001[1].jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 120312_001[1].jpg
    120312_001[1].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 217
the pistol seems to be a .22 being that there were a few of them in the whole with it...the cylinder was missing scaned alled around if couldnt find it..almost thought it was a derranger but when i realized the cylinder i knew it wasnt...the bullet i put next to a tin a chewing tobacco to help u size it a bit..i have to go through all my ammo reloading stuff and find my caliper and stuff so i can get an exact size on the shell. but i just got done putting all my reloading stuff away and dont want to drag it all out again to much stuff..

Back
Top Bottom