Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Notices

Old 07-18-2006, 01:08 PM
ncseadog
Guests

Default Required Equipmet!

Add a mighty sharp machete to your standard equipment. It comes in handy when MR. No Shoulders decides he doesn't want you in his territory! 'specially dem nasty cotton mouths. Ain't no decency in dose animules atall.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Elite Member

Default Re: Required Equipmet!

I'll second that. Lookin for a small lightweight job. Maybe a combination machete/saw for those bigger roots.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Elite Member

personally, I would never kill a reptile, but I did disturb an underground hornet colony afew years back. I didnt leave any footprints for the first 50 yards.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:55 AM
ncseadog
Guests

Living on a farm I normally don't kill any wild animals because most are very helpful and really don't bother you that much. One of the best things about living out here is watching the wildlife. But a cotton mouth and pygmy rattlers are another story altogether. They will not run nor will they back down. I'd rather tangle with a lynx any day rather than a cm or pr. Both are deadly and vicious.

I keep two King Snakes in the barn for rodent control and they work very very cheaply. I don't have any rats and my wife stays out of my shop and private belongings! Hehehe!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Global Moderator

Living and! detecting in Florida,! your tool needs differ! from say! Washington state or! Maine. Here is! my tool kit I posted on another site a while back.! A Cotton Mouth will chase you, and they get mighty big. Yes,! that is a switchblade.... ....Gil
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2006, 06:25 AM

Heck, just carry a gun! makes a bigger mess of the critter!

Old 07-23-2006, 03:13 PM

How does the saying go? "Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"?

Originally Posted by oldybutgoody Heck, just carry a gun! makes a bigger mess of the critter!