A bit o' buttery 22K, and a couple o' silver jewelry!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Tonight was a decent night at the park. Pretty standard hunt, in a commonly hunted area.. (I usually hit this place 2 times a month)> The difference? It's a SUMMER MONTH!

There's thousands of people who visit the park each week, and this is a hot spot each year. I find good stuff there, every year, and try to get to the hot places, before the other detectorists.

Today, I did well.

Started with a brilliant 925 sterling bracelet (nearly new, with just a kink that I worked out of one of the connectors. It looked like it might have been taken off on purpose, but then stepped on, at some point. Very delicate amethyst stones in sterling. Wonderful find, some niece, or friend, will love it.

Next up was the nice gold ring. It rang up a 52-53. Didn't expect anything other than a pop tab (I pull a couple hundred a year from the park, but I like to keep it clean). Bent down, and there, pressed into the dirt was the gold ring. I'll post it, for sure, since it's a recent drop, but like everything else, I've found, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be claimed. It's 22K, and was definitely owned by someone who loved Curry. When I cut the thread, it INSTANTLY stunk up the room like rotten spices. My wife came in and yelled, "WHAT STINKS!?" I had to take the garbage out. LOL Initially, I thought the stone was rough cut diamond, because it triggered the diamond tester, but I think it's a false positive, because it's so dirty under it. It didn't pass the fog test at ALL... Neat stone, though, will be interested to find out what it is. Looks to be about 2 carats. Scratch tested positive through 10K, 14K, 18K and 22K. I double checked it, to make sure I was through any "plating" It's definitely solid. Weighed in at 5.05 grams ($206 in melt). I figure it was originally 5 grams of gold, but the stone weight will be the difference in what it is now (after wear and tear)...

Last up was the hammered silver stacker ring. Was a nice end to the 90 minute hunt. Counted up exactly $2.99 too. not too shabby!

This brings me to Gold #8 for the year...

Skippy

Attachments

• 58286465397__84E86AFF-04CD-475A-8A36-4B76B819D8D9.jpg
    58286465397__84E86AFF-04CD-475A-8A36-4B76B819D8D9.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 58286647649__1F1635E8-5CB2-42A2-BA09-999D044C2B89.jpg
    58286647649__1F1635E8-5CB2-42A2-BA09-999D044C2B89.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Dang Skippy, what a great hunt for 90 minutes. I'm totally jealous. I haven't even gotten out lately. But I loved seeing this post. Great job.

Congrats!!

The stone looks like peridot, most likely real considering the karat...

Nice!!

<°)))>{

Dang Skippy, what a great hunt for 90 minutes. I'm totally jealous. I haven't even gotten out lately. But I loved seeing this post. Great job.

I haven't either. I'm getting out about once a week. It's tough to fit it in! At least the good stuff is piling up, though. LOL

Congrats!!

The stone looks like peridot, most likely real considering the karat...

Nice!!

<°)))>{

It's nearly clear, though. Definitely not the green I associate with Peridot (I've found a few in silver rings). I'm thinking a clear sapphire, or something. Can't quite figure it out. Will definitely be able to, once I pull it from the gold (if the owner doesn't come forward... until then, it's intact).

Does the bracelet say made in China? I have one exactly like it but with red stones.

strick

Back
Top Bottom