Sticker Shock Today (Twice)

I made sure to go back to a fixed rate to avoid being gauged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually have to fill our propane tank 4 times a winter season. It had been $1.49 gallon the last time, but today, it was $1.89 gallon. It costs us just over $600 to fill the tank!

After he left, we ran some errands, and I decided to top off the gas tank in the truck. The cheapest gas was $2.69 a gallon. It cost me $32 for just over a half tank! That is up about 20 cents a gallon since the last fill up.

Crazy increases in a short amount of time. Illinois is usually expensive, but this seems like a big jump on both, even for Illinois!

Prices are rising for gas in NY also. I feel like I was paying $1.70 for regular about a month ago. Now I’m over $2. Once the pandemic starts to recede everything is going to go up. The corporations got to make up for lost time.

Wow, sorry to hear that, over $600 4X a winter has got to be tough !

As far as gasoline, that is one reason why my wife and I am glad we bought a 2020 Prius Prime EV/Hybrid car last year.

We plug it in an outdoor outlet about 2 to 3 times a week and can go about 25 miles in "battery only" EV mode which is plenty for local driving in our small town as it would be rare for us to drive more than 25 miles locally in one day.

When we travel outside our local town to around the nearest big city (about 25 miles one way) we use the hybrid mode which uses a combination of battery power and gasoline power, we usually do that about twice a week now and overall for all our driving combined we effectively average about 90 miles per gallon.

As far as our house, it is electric only, no gas or propane, thankfully our local electric rates are not bad compared to what I heard some areas charge.

Price of gasoline seems to keep going up here, used to be around $2.15 or so for quite a while, now I saw one local station just went up to $2.39 so the more the gas prices rise, the more glad we are we got our plug-in hybrid I mentioned in my original post above.

Back
Top Bottom