New Teknetics Patriot Arrived

TheDirtKing

My new Teknetics Patriot Metal Detector showed up. New video posted at my channel, Adventures In Dirt, to bring you along as I get to know the new offering from Teknetics. ~DK

For over 3 years I have been using, experimenting with, tweaking and exploring the F70 at the deepest levels I can think of in almost any kind of site and conditions you can imagine.
You will be amazed at what this thing can do.

A couple of vids I have made you might find helpful...boring but shows me getting signals.
Using the elliptical concentric on these, the big DD you have will work just as well, sometimes even better because of the long but thinner scanning field.

That SL speed, used more for hovering over grass, corn stalks, bushes and whatever, can be used to get a bit deeper in the ground or at least better signals on the deep ones but for hunting in trash or iron the processing speed of DE is what you need.
My opinion, anyway.
I use all metal or monotone, 1 mostly nowadays, but I have gotten pretty good at all of them.
4H is still a favorite for quick brooming parks for coins and especially looking for nickel area gold jewelry.
On my 4th hunt with this thing before I had a good handle on anything I got a quick nickel signal next to trash, that high nickel tone pricked up my ears and made dig it.

Last edited:
For over 3 years I have been using, experimenting with, tweaking and exploring the F70 at the deepest levels I can think of in almost any kind of site and conditions you can imagine.

Thanks Digger, I look so forward to it.

As someone coming from a fairly quiet detector with an 8" concentric to the DD .... the pops and clicks will take some getting used to but I want to become proficient with this Patriot and learn to pay more attention to what I hear, rather than the ID screen. Thanks for the encouragement.

As someone coming from a fairly quiet detector with an 8" concentric to the DD .... the pops and clicks will take some getting used to but I want to become proficient with this Patriot and learn to pay more attention to what I hear, rather than the ID screen. Thanks for the encouragement.

Just swing and get comfortable with it for now, and join our F70 social club where we share much information.
This is an F70 so that will work for you too.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=238

Over on Findmall I am REVIER and I have posted a ton of more technical information about theories, settings and what I have discovered about how this one actually works over there as you advance.

Here is a daily log I started when I got mine with tons of information also as I learned it, some really technical but don't worry about that stuff , the basics are what you want to get down now but some of it could be helpful and answer some questions for you as you get more experience.
Just have fun, the most important part while learning a new detector.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173474

A couple of vids I have made you might find helpful...boring but shows me getting signals.
Using the elliptical concentric on these, the big DD you have will work just as well, sometimes even better because of the long but thinner scanning field.

That SL speed, used more for hovering over grass, corn stalks, bushes and whatever, can be used to get a bit deeper in the ground or at least better signals on the deep ones but for hunting in trash or iron the processing speed of DE is what you need.
My opinion, anyway.
I use all metal or monotone, 1 mostly nowadays, but I have gotten pretty good at all of them.
4H is still a favorite for quick brooming parks for coins and especially looking for nickel area gold jewelry.
On my 4th hunt with this thing before I had a good handle on anything I got a quick nickel signal next to trash, that high nickel tone pricked up my ears and made me dig it....and it was no nickel...

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FA3QNhLvvXw

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3hd8aNfrnmw

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=L_2rYKZVzc4

Digger, The vid links dont seem to be working.

Ok, thats good to know about the SL speed. I thought you would need that for trashy areas but I see what your saying about using it for those times when you have to lift your coil higher off the ground. I have an old 1890 farmhouse permission that has a lot of laying weeds and small vegetation that I will need to swing over the top of.

I was wondering about jewelry. The air tests I did on a 14k and 10k ring put them in the 20-22 foil range.

I havent tried 4H yet ... 3H is what I was set at yesterday. I love the nickel high tone feature. The nickels I dug yesterday we actually nickels! woohoo. I did pull 3-4 tabs yesterday but they were in the upper range fooling me.

The all metal with the pinpoint monotones is something I think will be at some reach for me for a while ... did you ever get into the delta pitch or is there too much variance?

Just swing and get comfortable with it for now, and join our F70 social club where we share much information.

Over on Findmall I am REVIER and I have posted a ton of more technical information about theories, settings and what I have discovered about how this one actually works over there as you advance.

Here is a daily log I started when I got mine with tons of information also as I learned it, some really technical but don't worry about that stuff , the basics are what you want to get down now but some of it could be helpful and answer some questions for you as you get more experience.

Will join the club for sure! I have been all over findmall in the F series thread ... love all the info there.

Let me ask you, coming from a new DD coil user ... is there anything I should be looking out for as a sign something is wrong with the coil. I mean I wouldnt know at this point if the darn thing is malfunctioning or not. One thing I was noticing a lot is that it would go to try and give me a signal and it would almost make a muffling sound as it nixed it. Kind of like a "clipped" signal. Is that the typical sound for the disc kicking in or the threshold function?

They work fine, do you have a firewall blocking them?
I am going out to lunch with my wife but if you can't get them going I will pull them over here a bit later.

When you ask about jewelry I assume you mean gold...
Here is where different sizes and types of gold jewelry will come in on yours...give or take a number or so if not exact.

Attachments

• photostudio_1492972485888.jpg
    photostudio_1492972485888.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 633
  • photostudio_1492972774022.jpg
    photostudio_1492972774022.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 663
Will join the club for sure! I have been all over findmall in the F series thread ... love all the info there.

Let me ask you, coming from a new DD coil user ... is there anything I should be looking out for as a sign something is wrong with the coil. I mean I wouldnt know at this point if the darn thing is malfunctioning or not. One thing I was noticing a lot is that it would go to try and give me a signal and it would almost make a muffling sound as it nixed it. Kind of like a "clipped" signal. Is that the typical sound for the disc kicking in or the threshold function?

In your vid the coil appears to be working correctly from what I saw.
It might false with higher settings...that might be the clipped sounds you heard.
Falsing and real signals are not the same but it takes a bit of experience to tell the difference...it will come.

Have gotten into all the tones.
4H for the first few months because they were similar to the F2 I switched over from, 2F in the woods, nice modulation and that iron grunt which comes in handy, 1F adds modulation and 1 tone which for me us the most responsive, less affected by EMI and least mentally fatiguing tone on the thing.
I practiced using all of them for many hours, still messing around with DP.
Ask Mudpuppy about that one...it is all he uses and he says he can tell the dates on coins and sometimes the mint marks on those coins when using it.

Love that log of yours ... oh my gosh ... so much info and such great finds. Thank you.

In your vid the coil appears to be working correctly from what I saw.
It might false with higher settings...that might be the clipped sounds you heard.
Falsing and real signals are not the same but it takes a bit of experience to tell the difference...it will come.

I like what you said on your log post about noise being the language of the machine and you just have to learn to read between the lines. When I calmed down and listened for those sharp repeaters between the grunts, pops, and clicks, then went back and narrowed my swing over those "in-betweens", I was able to find my prize most the time.

I have yet to find old deep silver even on my other machine so I am really looking forward to the sensitivity and depth of this patriot. If its sharp, repeats, and deep...im diggin it.

I like what you said on your log post about noise being the language of the machine and you just have to learn to read between the lines. When I calmed down and listened for those sharp repeaters between the grunts, pops, and clicks, then went back and narrowed my swing over those "in-betweens", I was able to find my prize most the time.

I have yet to find old deep silver even on my other machine so I am really looking forward to the sensitivity and depth of this patriot. If its sharp, repeats, and deep...im diggin it.

A million ways you can use this, turned up and noisy, medium or lower and dead silent...to avoid those pops and clicks for now until you get used to it.
Getting deep, don't worry about that...this is one of the deeper units out there on all settings...even low sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom