Consider: Sunspot vs. T-Rex Beach Scoops and warranties

Am I the only 1 getting tired of the advertisement threads? Every few days a new 1 or 1 dredged up from years ago from a new member. Tiresome

Steve... we leave old threads open so new or old members can dredge them up to use them as a reference...

New members are going to come here and ask questions.. do I get tired of the same questions year after year? No I do not because that is why we are here.

Steve.... In my opinion, the vendor was lacking customer service. Once enough publicity came about, he honor the Warranty.

Eh, whatever it takes....this scoop owner shouldnt have had to go through all of this.

Let me share my thoughts,,,,,,,I am as Chuck calls it, "an 800 pound gorilla", and somehow, someway, broke/damaged 2 stealths,,,,,,,and Chuck without question or hesitation replaced my scoops at no cost an inconvenience to me quickly,,,,he even sent a new pair of orange gloves each time,,,,,,,:laughing:GL HH

And yes Tim is that 800 lbs gorilla.......couple of bent scoops.... and that dont include the wooden handles. I had to dig one scoop out for him it was baried so deep when the handle broke.:laughing: I saw a photo they were trying to show how well the T-Rex welds were. Looks like the guy was trying pry up a rock...... they also mentioned they didnt replace it because they called it abuse by the customer. I dont think ive ever seen that with Chucks scoops. I like Chucks scoops..... especially the refined newer ones..... im just to poor to be able to buy one.:lol:

And yes Tim is that 800 lbs gorilla.......couple of bent scoops.... and that dont include the wooden handles. I had to dig one scoop out for him it was baried so deep when the handle broke.:laughing: I saw a photo they were trying to show how well the T-Rex welds were. Looks like the guy was trying pry up a rock...... they also mentioned they didnt replace it because they called it abuse by the customer. I dont think ive ever seen that with Chucks scoops. I like Chucks scoops..... especially the refined newer ones..... im just to poor to be able to buy one.:lol:

You are not poor Dew... you are cheap... :yes:

I have used quite a few brands over the years and damaged them all because I dig in the rocks but my favorite scoop is Chucks.. about 12 years ago I was introduced to Chucks scoops because I won a original 90 degree sunspot scoop in a beach hunt upstate...I used it but I prefer a 20 degree so I gave that scoop to a friend who still uses it...

I just love the CF shaft on my 720i...the scoop is not in perfect condition and have had to have it welded 2 times and could sure use a new point welded on the tip as mine is worn round... only problem is this year I have beach hunted a total of 13 times... with as busy as I am these days its easier to hunt the dirt... and I am enjoying it :D

Its nice finding gold but I have found plenty over the years and honestly I rather dig up history from the past from the dirt. :yes: I have received some good permissions and have done well so my water hunting stuff sits idle while I play in the dirt.

Why don't you start a "Gofundme" page and get a quality scoop with lifetime warranty from Chuck.

I have owned both scoops. The T Rex was my first scoop. Got ride of it because it was to heavy and and i thought that the design was not very well thought out. I now own a sunspot 920 I and love it. And like everyone stated Chuck never questions any repair ever. Ron would have been better off replacing that scoop right from the get go. As it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. This could go a long way with a lot of people. Just saying good service goes a long way. And Chuck goes above and beyond in that field.

I have both Sunspot (920i) and one of the first T-Rex (9.5) which was bequeathed to me by Gravedigger Max (where the h3ll is he?).

I'll just say, Ron and Chuck and both have treated me right. Every time I'm looking for a new detector or accessories, Ron has ALWAYS had the lowest price.

I know this issue about abuse has also come up with Sunspot scoops and Chuck makes the similar decisions about his Lifetime Warranty.

Chuck also did an excellent job repairing the T-Rex. He repaired the welds (splitting at the sides on top), added corner supports, and added the support rods. Oh, and the cost of REPAIR is $25, you still have to pay shipping both ways. None the less, $60 for this repair was good for me!

IMG_0976.jpg

In the end, both are great guys and both will treat you right.

R5

If this went to court, I wonder what the judge would say considering the ...
The vendor is not a Subject Matter Expert (SME)...etc...etc...

If the witness could qualify as an expert witness, the fee to testify would more than to just buy a new scoop. This would be a small claims court matter.

Back
Top Bottom