1876 CC Dime

Bonesquat

Elite Member
Can anyone grade this? based on what I was looking at, mine has more detail than AU58, notice the lines in her hands, you can still easily see the fingers. In AU58, that's gone. Maybe mine's low MS?

Attachments

• 1219160714b-1_resized.jpg
    1219160714b-1_resized.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 719
  • 1219160715-1_resized.jpg
    1219160715-1_resized.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 549
It is MS, but honestly, if you want to sell, a professional grading service will notice the dirt between the letters and know it was was dug, likely bringing the grade down a little just under MS- high AU- unless you clean it, which is a risk as well. (ultrasonic water bath ?)

I may be wrong, they may be less rigid now, but that's how most of them seem to think. and technically it is correct- they can't see parts of the coin under the little dirt spots to judge completely.

Last edited:
It is MS, but honestly, if you want to sell, a professional grading service will notice the dirt between the letters and know it was was dug, likely bringing the grade down a little just under MS- high AU- unless you clean it, which is a risk as well. (ultrasonic water bath ?)

I may be wrong, they may be less rigid now, but that's how most of them seem to think. and technically it is correct- they can't see parts of the coin under the little dirt spots to judge completely.

I may have to try ultrasonic bath. I would never sell it anyway...not sure if it's really worth getting slabbed. What do you think?

She beautiful that's for sure!!! It would be easy AU55 but with it being dug I'm about positive they would call it AU details with environmental damage......I'm including a pic out of my 2017 red book.....

Attachments

• received_10209157276743589.jpg
    received_10209157276743589.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 488
If it's a dug coin, PCGS will know. They may not even grade it, and send it back.
Sure is beautiful though.

Can anyone grade this? based on what I was looking at, mine has more detail than AU58, notice the lines in her hands, you can still easily see the fingers. In AU58, that's gone. Maybe mine's low MS?

Post it on http://www.coincommunity.com/

Those guys are serious coin collectors and can give you an idea. That coin is in GREAT shape for being buried. Nice goin'.

Back
Top Bottom