Sometimes it takes a little persuasion

Mottz

Forum Supporter
There has been a house and I have been wanting to detect for quite a while. I never knew how to get a hold of the owner. The other day I seen a phone number that one of the apartments in the house was for rent. So I called the owner up and couldn't get a hold of them. Lucky for me, I drove by the other day and he was out mowing the yard. I stopped and talked to him and asked him for permission. At first he was reluctant. He had said that he has a metal detector of his own and that he was going to do it. So I said that was fine but I kept talking to him about metal detecting. During the conversation I told him that there was probably quite a few objects in the ground worth finding and if he needed help I could help him to detect or show him how to detect. He finally then just said, chances are I'm not going to do it so why don't you go ahead and just have at it. Today I gave it a shot and I did find one 1904 Indianhead penny and a bunch of clad. But I know there's more so I plan on hitting again. So my persistence paid off. As long as I kept talking to him he ended up changing his mind!

Maybe giving me permission was his way of getting me to shut up so that he could finish mowing:lol:

Back
Top Bottom