Attention NEW F2 owners.

I have been using the F2 for about a month and have had similar issues. Most of the problems were operator error. The cord wrapped to tight and not fully tightened into the unit are the first thing I look at when it gets too noisey. Needle nose pliers are a must for tightening the cord. Now I put a dab of dielectric grease on the plug and all those issues went away. I notice that it goes really crazy sometimes when the batteries get low. Display shows only 1 bar out of 4 has discharged. Change the batteries and all is good again. My meter shows the Energizer industrials discharged to 8.3 volts from 9.25 new. Overall its a great machine

Still a lousy design feature to tighten up that nut as well as the battery compartment, i still like the f2 and f5, also, when I first started using this machine I stayed away from everything except dimes and quarters so I could get used to it and not dig up the entire grass area. Then after a few times out I added zinc and then dug pennies. I still tend to hunt in this manner with the F2. However, with my F5, I keep the nickels involved.

I agree that the cord connect on the unit was a terrible idea. That should have been caught and changed in the R&D process. I also disc out everything but dime and quarter once and awhile. I know I'm missing a lot but also have found some good. I have been digging nails at 10" so anything deep it picks up.

Still a lousy design feature to tighten up that nut as well as the battery compartment, i still like the f2 and f5, also, when I first started using this machine I stayed away from everything except dimes and quarters so I could get used to it and not dig up the entire grass area. Then after a few times out I added zinc and then dug pennies. I still tend to hunt in this manner with the F2. However, with my F5, I keep the nickels involved.

I did the same, hit any dime/Qtr reading then expanded to include Zinc, no after finding what nickles really ring up true at I have been digging these as well. I read 28-30 for clad nickles. 32+ is 99.9% a tab.

I hunt very :shock: trashy sites and I get multiple hits on trash every swing and I do try to regulate myself to a nice slow sweep. I am sure I am passing up some good stuff but if I dug every foil/nickle/tab reading I saw, I wouldn't move out of a 10x10 area for hours. In fact I would have to bring a shovel and rake with me :laughing: I doubt the city would appreciate that.

Good move Earl, I agree for me, it just depends what style you like to use, I know some dig everything but it has to fit your personality and mood for the day

I just got my f2 today, i notice when i shake it slightly left to right it shows dimes this is with it held in the air, if i turn down the sensitivity to 1 bar it does not go off. I'm gonna try some of the suggestions in the thread.
looking forward to using this once i'm comfortable\\

figured out the dime noise, loose coil. that was easy, still having issues with pinpointing, sometimes ti works, sometimes it goes off everywhere when in contact with grass

still having issues with pinpointing, sometimes ti works, sometimes it goes off everywhere when in contact with grass
It not the grass. It's more likely that you are entering pinpont mode while too close to the target that you want to pinpoint. Essencially what happens when you do that, is that you de-sensitize your machine to that target. The result is that it won't recognize the target and be sensitive to everything else. It can be tough in high density trash to keep the ID that you want to pinpoint long enough to lock it in w/o being too close. A smaller coil makes it easier.

thanks as you were posting this i was rereading the manual.. all is good once i FOLLOW directions. seems like i just have 1 last issue, with the loose coil, how tight do you guys have the coil? I was able to tap the coil where it was loose and the f2 would register a dime. like everytime. i think i will use some tape to really lock down the coil, so it does not move.

thanks all. lots of good info in this thread

matt

Could also be a loose lower rod. If it wiggles it will false. Easy to over tighten and break the lock collars, so be careful.

I have this one place which I have hunted twice that has so much EMI, that both my detectors and my pinpointer were going nuts ! Looked above and low and behold,the entire perimeter of the park is nothing but overhead power lines. It's still hunt-able,however everything is turned down (Thresh & Gain). Frustrating, to say the least.

Im hunting a new to me park. It next to a Police station. Every 20-30 seconds my F2 goes crazy....Im guessing its from the HUGE radio tower right there...when they transmit or something.

I just ignore it, two days ago I had my best $$ day and found a silver bracelet in that park.

Im going back again today

Back
Top Bottom