First time out with F-2 total bust so frustrated

Thanks for the advise. I'm doing just fine with the detector now that I am in my 3rd month of detecting. The main problem now is it rains 3-4 times a week for past 3 months, so I can't get enough digging time in!

Hopefully this will help you learn the f2 in trashy or multibull signal areas. First thing is to disc iron out by using the plus button and it will no longer sound for iron. Start to swing about a 3 foot area back and forth looking for the highest repeatable number. Don't worry about the other numbers just the high one. Now use disc and eliminate every thing below the high signal. You should be able to center that signal now really easy. Hold the pin point untill you get the loudest tone and lowest number. Move side to side and back and forth. Your target should be just ahead of where the shaft connects to the coil.After you get the target then disc in the next symbol below your last target and sweep again. this way should get you every target with ease.I rarely lower the sens, if anything i.ll max it and depend on useing disc to seperate targets. The f2 is a great MD and soon you'll be pulling coins and good stuff. Hope this helps, if not send me a pm and maybe we can get in touch and i can help you

Hopefully this will help you learn the f2 in trashy or multibull signal areas. First thing is to disc iron out by using the plus button and it will no longer sound for iron. Start to swing about a 3 foot area back and forth looking for the highest repeatable number. Don't worry about the other numbers just the high one. Now use disc and eliminate every thing below the high signal. You should be able to center that signal now really easy. Hold the pin point untill you get the loudest tone and lowest number. Move side to side and back and forth. Your target should be just ahead of where the shaft connects to the coil.After you get the target then disc in the next symbol below your last target and sweep again. this way should get you every target with ease.I rarely lower the sens, if anything i.ll max it and depend on useing disc to seperate targets. The f2 is a great MD and soon you'll be pulling coins and good stuff. Hope this helps, if not send me a pm and maybe we can get in touch and i can help you

This will be very useful for me as well...thank you...I went out to a park yesterday...I didn't adjust anything on my F2...far too many false signals (REALLY false...like rotating between iron, foil, tab, quarter, dime EVERYWHERE)...ground was wet...so that might be part of it...but I also had everything set to max...I'll get out today again and try your suggestions

Like I said before. You have your sensitivity set too high for your area. Just lower it until your machine runs stable. There are times I can run full blast on my machines only to reduce it by half in a different area at the same site.

We got over 4 inches of rain friday night so everything is really soaked. I pulled 11 coins from my neighbors yard saturday while he watched. He laughed every time I got one, just couldn't believe there were coins there. I think I only spent 30 minutes or so getting these useing disc around the multi tone areas.

Attachments

• IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 223
Keep up the good hunting. I find that people's yards and especially grass next to driveway can be a lot of fun. I think the frost did a number on me this morning. When it got up to about 35 degrees and the ground was wet but not frozen my AT Pro was spot on! The coins were just screaming at me.

First thing is to disc iron out by using the plus button and it will no longer sound for iron.
Start to swing about a 3 foot area back and forth looking for the highest repeatable number. Don't worry about the other numbers just the high one. Now use disc and eliminate every thing below the high signal.
I just got a F2 and am learning to use it.
I can understand discing out iron. I'm confused what you are doing by discing out everything below the highest repeatable signal in a small area. What does this do?

I just got a F2 and am learning to use it.
I can understand discing out iron. I'm confused what you are doing by discing out everything below the highest repeatable signal in a small area. What does this do?

You lose depth if you disc out everything!

Ok lets say you are sweeping in all metal mode and numbers are jumping from nearly everything on the screen. Lets say an 83 hits in the sweep. At this time disc out everything below that signal. don't lower sens. you should then find your 83 target. after that you can go back to all metal or disc iron out and continue hunting. Or you can add back the lower metals one at a time and clear the area. This works great when alot of trash is in the area that some won't detect. I will do this anytime a coin signal hits. So far the f2 can find coins really good. the other signals are up to you to dig depending on how bad the area is. If you didn't really understand send me a pm and i'll give you my number and explain how this works.

I was being honest in my question. I believe I understand what you are doing. One reason I bought the F2 was for the VDI so that I could see the items pass under the coil on the display. I have been reading that the target separation is excellent. Even with great separation, masking can happen if the items are virtually in line. Found a tiny silver cross about 8" down a few days ago. It was from a charm bracelet. About 1/4" tall. Rang up as a dime. Had a can been above it, I might not have found it. Also found a penny off to one side only nearer the surface.

Try detecting along bicycle and hiking trails. I clean house in those areas!

Back
Top Bottom