Our Fun Evening

diggin4clad

Elite Member
On Wednesday evening the weather was so nice Sue and I decided to go for a joyride to Buttonwood Farm for ice cream sundaes. The place first opened in 1975 and has been going strong ever since. After the ice cream we took the back roads down to the quaint little village of Mystic, Ct. which is very popular with tourists in the summertime. We strolled the downtown looking in the various shops and then sat by the water's edge to relax and enjoy the cool night air. After that we went to Mystic Pizza for pizza and drinks before heading home. The Mystic River runs right through the center of town where a drawbridge built in 1920 raises itself up every so often to let boats pass through. Needless to say the two "senior citizens" in the pics are Sue and I as we were getting ready to stroll along the downtown. It was so nice there we truly hated to go home.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0738.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 229
Nice outing! My wife and I went there as part of a multi state trip several years ago. I loved the downtown area with the drawbridge. We took a boat ride up the river and passed that railroad bridge that rotates over the water. That was very cool to see too. Would like to go back. We stayed at the Whaler’s in. Lots to see in a small town!

Thanks so much. Made me realize how much i missed all that! Also great modifeid race car known as mystic Missle Makes me homesick thanks again Bill

Nice outing! My wife and I went there as part of a multi state trip several years ago. I loved the downtown area with the drawbridge. We took a boat ride up the river and passed that railroad bridge that rotates over the water. That was very cool to see too. Would like to go back. We stayed at the Whaler’s in. Lots to see in a small town!
Thanks Diabolik. Hopefully you can make it back sometime soon.

Nice looking place for suređź‘Ť
Thank you.....

Thanks so much. Made me realize how much i missed all that! Also great modifeid race car known as mystic Missle Makes me homesick thanks again Bill
Thanks RX8.....are you from that area ?

His Majesty enjoyed vicariously your trip, views of the water, and the write up! Thanks for thinking to take us along! KT
Thanks KT.....Glad I was able to share it. :yes:

Absolutely not.....there are times when people just need to give it a rest.:lol:

I understand, I kinda figured that and "mostly" was just being funny :lol:
......because when I saw the pic with the grassy area I did think ......well, maybe ? :laughing:

(detectorists usually have a knack for looking at areas and thinking if it might be a good area to detect :lol:)

I understand, I kinda figured that and "mostly" was just being funny :lol:
......because when I saw the pic with the grassy area I did think ......well, maybe ? :laughing:

(detectorists usually have a knack for looking at areas and thinking if it might be a good area to detect :lol:)
The grassy area is on the property of the ice cream place and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want people digging it up. All that aside, even though we do in fact "eyeball" just about every place we see there are times when we just want to relax and enjoy our surroundings. We're both retired and our philosophy is kind of "Weekends are for detecting" :mder:and "weekdays are for other things" :chef2:

Back
Top Bottom