Fathers Day Hunt

3.14R8

Elite Member
I haven't been out in the water for a while, it was hot so I made time for it. I got a new to me excalibur over the winter, I get along real good with this detector I think we're going to be good friends.3rd target was a 1907 barber worn very thin but still readable, I'm real happy with this coin I haven't found a coin this old in a long time, 8 wheaties 2 of them were 1955's no double stamped though it's nice to dream. I hunted from 9 am to 6 pm the longest water hunt I've ever been on, took a break in the middle of the day to swim, needless to say it caught up with me I only worked 1/2 a day monday and slept the rest. Good Luck everyone!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 192
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 204
Those old silver coins are special. Long hunts give a beating!

I love *love* LOVE that seahorse! Is it copper with enamel on one side? If so, I used to have one just like it! It was a kit. You got the copper forms, seahorse, dog, cat etc, with colored glass "sand". You placed the copper form on a brazier sort of thing with a screen. and sprinkled the glass sand over it, then heated it until the glass melted into enamel. I made a seahorse when I was a little kid. It's lost these many years, but I remember it fondly. I colored mine dark green with (I think) a yellow eye. VERY popular in the 1950's.

SageGrouse

Looks like a love start of a Love affair to me....Nice old silver, a great sign!

I love *love* LOVE that seahorse! Is it copper with enamel on one side? If so, I used to have one just like it! It was a kit. You got the copper forms, seahorse, dog, cat etc, with colored glass "sand". You placed the copper form on a brazier sort of thing with a screen. and sprinkled the glass sand over it, then heated it until the glass melted into enamel. I made a seahorse when I was a little kid. It's lost these many years, but I remember it fondly. I colored mine dark green with (I think) a yellow eye. VERY popular in the 1950's.

SageGrouse
I think it is copper, if it had enamel on it at one time it's gone now. There is a hole for an eye that looks like it has a little bit of wear so I thought it may have been on a key chain or something, sounds like a cool toy, maybe the dog and cat are out there somewhere still, maybe I'll find them next time:grin:

Back
Top Bottom