The penny tosser is at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

romyrome

Elite Member
Was down at the beach for a change of pace and talked to two other guys that both said they had enough pennies to cover gas on the trip to the beach :( ughhh and I found holed ones too and about 50 new ones even a wheat was in the mix so I think he bought new rolls from the bank and tossed them along with some holed ones, I hope that's not the case but sure seems to be :mad:

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Happened here a few times. Its also why I originally bought my CTX. I came close to figuring out who it was once. It suddenly stopped. Sometimes even a guy in a detecting club gets in some beef with some others and defile their beaches with pennies. Its why I don't do the club thing and leave the sleeping Lions to their own accord. Its like when you tell someone to quit being lazy and fill their open holes. You tell the wrong one and you may get a dent in your car like someone did to mine. There are also nutjobs who metal detect:shock:

I"m guessing, and this is complete speculation, hes probably trying to mask a high value target.... last time the penny tosser struck, someone found a 1+ karat diamond ring close to the area. Just another angle to contemplate bro! :yes:

I"m guessing, and this is complete speculation, hes probably trying to mask a high value target.... last time the penny tosser struck, someone found a 1+ karat diamond ring close to the area. Just another angle to contemplate bro! :yes:

Yea, I thought the same thing last year when romy broke the news. Since he's in ring finders he has an idea of where a lost ring is, and seeding the beach with pennies keeps everyone else busy while he finds the lost ring.

Cheap seeder if you ask me, at least throw down a few dimes..

If you really wanted to piss off a water hunter, throw nickels in the water, not pennies.

Personally anyone tossing stuff in the water with the intent to piss off /discourage other hunters, is a bitter loser with a sad life imo. One thing if your'e genuinely doing it to gauge movement but this doesn't appear to be the case.

Yea, I thought the same thing last year when romy broke the news. Since he's in ring finders he has an idea of where a lost ring is, and seeding the beach with pennies keeps everyone else busy while he finds the lost ring.

I’m thinking this is what is really going on. He is trying to dissuade you from hunting that area because something valuable was lost there. Hunt the area but cherry pick the lower tones, and skip the zinc/copper tones. He wouldn’t litter the area with pennies if it was a heavy ring, because then he would be stuck digging all the pennies he threw... probably a small engagement ring hidden in there.

I still do not know what the issue is really. So you have a little kid playing games. SO WHAT? At least you are finding something. He is not hurting anyone but himself really. Unless he skips over pennies because of his machine.

At least you know if you are finding pennies you have not been over the spot before. Pick up the penny laugh and go on to the next target.

Another ASSUMPTION is that EVERY penny you find he is seeding the beach with. That might or might not be true. I find pennies all the time in parking lots and on the floor in grocery stores. I pick them up. No one person tosses them all down.

People, if that is the only thing that upsets you in life, then you have a wonderful life.

It takes seconds to scoop a penny and put it in your pouch. They don't fall through the scoop and you don't have to chase them.

I know I am probably in the minority and most will see this as a crime against another person detecting on the beach BUT, you are not going to change him. If it bothers you this much, go to a different beach. There is gold everywhere out there.

Just WAIT till you go dig up a penny and have it and a gold ring in the scoop at the same time because the penny masked the ring. You will change your tune from dislike to thank you thank you in a heartbeat.

Thou i dont like it finding a ton of pennies ..... i will dig them. That would keep me in that area.... and giving me a greater chance to find his treasure he thinks hes hiding.:lol: go ahead i dare ya. Down here we get the CL ....... where a guy doesnt want you to hunt a beach on a given day so he does a CL of a ring with reward...... you always get a lot of people showing up. How do i know...... i was there earlier looking.:laughing: The ones i want to do a beat down on are the guys doing it right in front of me snickering to his GF. Those normally get a comment from me.

I don't get the idea of the holed pennies, does the hole make it sound better?
It still seems he would be spending a lot more time drilling them than you are scooping them. :?:

I just DUG 51 zinks in a park. Scooping would be a piece of cake.

I’m thinking this is what is really going on. He is trying to dissuade you from hunting that area because something valuable was lost there. Hunt the area but cherry pick the lower tones, and skip the zinc/copper tones. He wouldn’t litter the area with pennies if it was a heavy ring, because then he would be stuck digging all the pennies he threw... probably a small engagement ring hidden in there.

That's my evaluation as well........ and since he's back at it means he is assuming the ring is still out there some where......

I'd cherry pick digging nothing in the "upper" clad range...... ya that means digging a ton of trash but that means fewer seed pennies and more time scanning for the big prize....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom