New Guy

Jheath

Hi everyone,
Well it all started with YouTube suggesting a video. Then moved on to a buddy giving me a bounty hunter metal detector. I quickly realized that I needed a better way of finding the junk in the hole. So I picked up a Garrett pro pointer. Then I needed a hand shovel to dig around in the hole, so I picked up a Lasche hand digger. Then I was trying to find a place to put all the precious nails, washers, pull tabs and plow parts I was unearthing, so I bought a pouch. Now I'm pretty well hooked and just ordered the Garrett AT Max. I live in Central/South Ga. have a couple of kids, a wife and a job so this should a be very interesting.

Welcome from Northwest Ohio. And welcome to the Forum. You will find lots of nice people on here more than willing to help answer questions.

Sounds like your all set! Welcome to the forum .
Now you only need one more thing.
Well knee pads are nice ,
But all you need is a good hiding spot for your treasure. đź‘Ť
,Dew

Wait what? You gotta Wife, Kids AND a Job? Braggart! I bet you have a dog and a nice truck even! Possibly even a boat! You probably even live in a House I bet! Turn Back Now!!

Fair Warning...this aint the Sport for a good decent young Father like you!...You will lose everything if you go down this treasure hunting path! Except maybe the dog, depending on who wants custody...:laughing::laughing:

I was just saying I wouldn’t have much time for this hobby with the three things that take up my time. And yes I do have a house and a nice truck. Sold the boat though. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

This might help while you're waiting for it to arrive -

AT MAX Instructional Video Part 1 of 3 (US Version)

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

This might help while you're waiting for it to arrive -

AT MAX Instructional Video Part 1 of 3 (US Version)

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Thanks

I was just saying I wouldn’t have much time for this hobby with the three things that take up my time. And yes I do have a house and a nice truck. Sold the boat though. Haha

Yep...Classic Addict reply...You are in serious trouble! Next it will be all your hunting gear and golf clubs!...Just saying Brother, this Metal detecting addiction has ruined many a good Man. We all thought we could handle it! Happens all the time!

You may 'think' you got it under control, no biggie, then, you see a succulent sidewalk tear out on your way to work one day, tell yourself, "I'll just stop and give it a quick sweep"...Next thing you know, its noon! Your Freaking Fired!

Then, here you are, at your Cousins Funeral, pawl bearer status even, wearing a suit and tie, instead of attending to duties, you are outside sweeping the Church grounds and even the graveyard! Family Reunions? Mowing the yard? Little league? Boyscouts?, Church? I aint got no time for that! Ive got clad to tumble! Lurking Coinstar reject trays and picking up cans! Damndest addiction I've ever seen!!

Yeah..one guy here just recently posted about his Honeymoon...Actually married a female girl if you can believe that? Had the rings made specially cast out of his Silver/Gold detecting finds, cool right? No! Designed around a Metal detecting theme! "You found my Heart" inscription even! and a stick man guy swinging a rig! Took his gear on his Honeymoon even! Wont last a year!...

For some people, This addiction goes clear to the bone, some guys go out in the dead of night and freezing cold, cast off blessings and Familial responsibilities, climbing the Chilkoot pass in the Winter to get to the Yukon Gold fields, primitive unprofitable behavior, you gotta forget this Sport and settle down! I beg you! For your sake and the Childrens!.......Turn Back Now!

Attachments

• ice 4.jpg
    ice 4.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 166
  • snow road.jpg
    snow road.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I just canceled my order and listed my stuff on eBay. Thanks for your wisdom

I just canceled my order and listed my stuff on eBay. Thanks for your wisdom

Good! Glad I talked some sense into you! This is a Sport for very old guys who got nothing left to lose, 4th stage of lung/prostrate cancer, alcoholics, pant wetters, Worthless Wanderers never to be missed.. ...

You are young...dedicate your strength/golden years to provide for your Family, keep the yard mowed..get up and go to work, get that damn pension! Take care of the 401k paperwork!...Dont think about it too much, those coins will be out there waiting......head down, pull the plow, and just bull your way on through! This is what we do, 40yrs behind the mast, and maybe 5 in front of it for detecting...best a guy could hope for......Git'erDone...

Good! Glad I talked some sense into you! This is a Sport for very old guys who got nothing left to lose, 4th stage of lung/prostrate cancer, alcoholics, pant wetters, Worthless Wanderers never to be missed.. ...

You are young...dedicate your strength/golden years to provide for your Family, keep the yard mowed..get up and go to work, get that damn pension! Take care of the 401k paperwork!...Dont think about it too much, those coins will be out there waiting......head down, pull the plow, and just bull your way on through! This is what we do, 40yrs behind the mast, and maybe 5 in front of it for detecting...best a guy could hope for......Git'erDone...

And to think, I was just about to order my knee high socks to wear with my flip flops on the beach. Maybe even hike my shorts up a little with some suspenders so I could fit in with y’all olds farts.

And to think, I was just about to order my knee high socks to wear with my flip flops on the beach. Maybe even hike my shorts up a little with some suspenders so I could fit in with y’all olds farts.

This sport is fun already!

Back
Top Bottom