Best Deal on Tesoro Sand Shark or other PI?

BRJ123

Elite Member
Hello I am curious where I can get the best deal on a Tesoro Sand Shark...

Or if anyone has a reason NOT to get this machine? Or can offer a better PI suggestion? I decided I'd like to buy a Pulse Induction machine and I absolutely love my Cibola so Tesoro was where I started my search. The sand shark seems to be pretty highly rated...but I also haven't done a boatload of research.

I want to hunt salty salty beaches with no issues for under $1k

Thank you!

I want to hunt salty salty beaches with no issues for under $1k
Tesoro makes a quality product but the downside to the SS is it has a hardwired phones and coil. Repairs have to be sent back to the mfg. Additionally, some folks have had issues with the door opening and add an elastic band or tape to ensure it doesn't accidently open.

The Sea Hunter is a good alternative. It offers two choices of detachable coils and headphones. The battery door is a screw on style and works well.

The Whites Surf PI is another good alternative and it features and adjustable pulse delay. This enables you to further fine tune your hunting from ultra small items like thin chains and earings to large items like cannon balls.

All of those PI's have a downside which is an almost impossible to use discrimination mode. Honestly, it really only works in a controlled (lab) setting. For under $1k, you could get a ML equinox or safari which has multi-frequency tech to handle conductive salt water AND discriminate unwanted iron. For a few bucks more you could buy a ML Excallibur which is multifrequency and is waterproof to 250 ft.

For a comprehensive list of multi-frequency machines and PI units, click on this link... http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248905 Note, the most updated list is on the second page.

Tesoro makes a quality product but the downside to the SS is it has a hardwired phones and coil. Repairs have to be sent back to the mfg. Additionally, some folks have had issues with the door opening and add an elastic band or tape to ensure it doesn't accidently open.

The Sea Hunter is a good alternative. It offers two choices of detachable coils and headphones. The battery door is a screw on style and works well.

The Whites Surf PI is another good alternative and it features and adjustable pulse delay. This enables you to further fine tune your hunting from ultra small items like thin chains and earings to large items like cannon balls.

All of those PI's have a downside which is an almost impossible to use discrimination mode. Honestly, it really only works in a controlled (lab) setting. For under $1k, you could get a ML equinox or safari which has multi-frequency tech to handle conductive salt water AND discriminate unwanted iron. For a few bucks more you could buy a ML Excallibur which is multifrequency and is waterproof to 250 ft.

For a comprehensive list of multi-frequency machines and PI units, click on this link... http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248905 Note, the most updated list is on the second page.

Thanks! that is a really valuable link for me right now!

I guess I am not super opposed to bumping the budget a bit to fit the MineLab Excalibur, but I am curious about your thoughts on the Equinox 800 fitting into this mix? Is it truly going to be a viable beach hunter?

Thanks! that is a really valuable link for me right now!

I guess I am not super opposed to bumping the budget a bit to fit the MineLab Excalibur, but I am curious about your thoughts on the Equinox 800 fitting into this mix? Is it truly going to be a viable beach hunter?
On paper the Equinox is the bee's knees. It is a MF style detector and the 800 model is waterproof to 10-ft. It's on preorder with a few folks atarting to get theirs and likely not available for the rest of us until a few more months. At a retail price of $900, it's a great bang for your buck.

Meanwhile, the Excal is a proven machine with a plethora or aftermarket mods and a good resale value too. What most folks don't know is if you switch the Excal to p/p mode, it has incredible depth (almost like a pi). So you hunt in P/p mode and then switch back to disc to check your targets. It's really a good beach machine. The retail price keeps climbing, think it's at $1800 now, but I spend several grand a year with my dealer and can probably get you a coupon for around $1,200 delivered. Anyhow that is just a reference, ask around, buy from someone reputable, and pm me if you want my referral.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On paper the Equinox is the bee's knees. It is a MF style detector and the 800 model is waterproof to 10-ft. It's on preorder with a few folks atarting to get theirs and likely not available for the rest of us until a few more months. At a retail price of $900, it's a great bang for your buck.

Meanwhile, the Excal is a proven machine with a plethora or aftermarket mods and a good resale value too. What most folks don't know is if you switch the Excal to p/p mode, it has incredible depth (almost like a pi). So you hunt in P/p mode and then switch back to disc to check your targets. It's really a good beach machine. The retail price keeps climbing, think it's at $1800 now, but I spend several grand a year with my dealer and can probably get you a coupon for around $1,200 delivered. Anyhow that is just a reference, ask around, buy from someone reputable, and pm me if you want my referral.

Thank you so much! I will continue down the research path and be in touch. I truly appreciate your replies to my post.

Back
Top Bottom