CZ-21 for farmland and parks?

Sorneez

I currently have a Fisher CZ-21. I'm looking to expand my hobby and occasionally leave the beach and hunt for Colonial era coins and relics on farm land and at parks. Will the CZ-21 still do as good of a job as it does on the beach or would I be better off purchasing a second unit?

First off, welcome from central MA! Second, not sure about that as ive never used a CZ but I don't see why it wouldn't work on land...I could be wrong... But I dont see many guys in a park with underwater detectors for a reason too...Happy hunting!

The CZ-21 is totally optimized for use in salt water. It has significant limitations based on how it ground balances. In addition it is heavy as lead!

Great machine for doing what it was designed for.

For $129 right now you can buy a featherlight, very capable land detector from Tekneticsdirect - the Minuteman. It is actually a Teknetics Eurotec Pro and a screaming bargain at that price.

I currently have a Fisher CZ-21. I'm looking to expand my hobby and occasionally leave the beach and hunt for Colonial era coins and relics on farm land and at parks. Will the CZ-21 still do as good of a job as it does on the beach or would I be better off purchasing a second unit?

The CZ series are strong performers both at the beach and inland, especially in areas with mineralized soil such as pockets of GA, MI, PA, OH, KY, VA, WV, and more.

When considering another detector, you're probably going to spend some bucks to achieve better performance. A machine with a bigger coil or a PI machine will yield greater depth.

I also agree that the CZ is not the lightest machine. If you are looking at discrimination and light, the Deus is the way to go... so long as you are on stable soils. If the ground conditions are rough, I would stick with multi-frequency machines like the E-trac, CTX, or possibly the Equinox.

The about to be released Minelab Equinox 600 ($649) & Equinox 800 ($899) look like some of the best for detecting small items in heavily mineralized ground. Great for coinshooting, relic hunting, and can be used to 10 feet deep in water. Depth on coins in heavily mineralized soil is 20%-40% deeper compared to single frequency detectors.

They are lightweight and can be swept faster than other Minelabs in low to moderate trash areas. They have excellent separation of coins near trash. One tester said the prices are a bargain because now he can sell several thousand dollars worth of his old detectors.

Back
Top Bottom