Going John Wayne on raccoons!!!!

Dan B.

Elite Member
I have a property that is very particular on the plugs that I dig. With good reason it is a public area and it could be held liable if someone is injured due to a hole. I was approached about open holes. The people in charge of the property said they have a hard time believing that it is me they have watched me work and have told me that I do a good job. They believe that someone was coming in the evenings and metal detecting leaving the holes open . I mentioned that it could possibly be raccoons that smell the fresh dug dirt and then are looking for worms. They laughed at the idea and thought that it's still somebody coming in after me.

I was there yesterday and make sure that I only cut a three sided plug folding it over retrieving the item folding it back and pressing it down tightly with my foot. I went back there today and all the plugs dug that were close to the water we're ripped out of the ground and torn apart. I had to go through and try to replace all the torn up plugs.

This is a non hunting non trapping property question is how to discourage or chase off the Little Critters (AKA masked Bandits raccoons)so they do not do this again.

Around the house I use black pepper to keep cats away is this a good idea or is there another thanks for your input.

Don't go John Wayne - go Wile Coyote!

Spring load one of those plugs when when the varmint steps on it, he gets launched into the lake :laughing:

Recently dug plugs can come up when a mulching mower goes over them. Especially if the dirt is dry. Shreds them to pieces, too.

Recently dug plugs can come up when a mulching mower goes over them. Especially if the dirt is dry. Shreds them to pieces, too.

I was there early this morning and fix the plugs before they mowed the grass Thursday is there their day to mow.

Nothing can be done.

iu

A FL highschool teacher for Forest high in Ocala the teacher drowned the raccoons in front of his class.

I don't suggest doing that.

Trash Pandas

I wonder if dumping a can of dog food a couple dozen yards upwind from where you are hunting might distract them.

Never blame a raccoon

for the work of a skunk. Scooter Jim has the right idea except I would use a near empty jar of peanut butter. In fact, the skunks' olfactory sense is so keen you can place it a mile away from your area (preferably across a minimum of two major roadways) The perp will sniff it out, and should he survive the journey to the legume and sugary treat he will at least be out of your neighborhood.

Put a chunk of Barr Bait or Tom Cat rat and mouse killer in the hole. Just make sure there aren't any dogs running lose in the area.

Back
Top Bottom