English TV Series about metal detecting "The Detectorists" Did you see it?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I am wondering what everyone who saw the British TV series about metal detecting "The Detecteorists" what they thought about the show?

I am guessing you have to appreciate the understated British humor. It seems like an accurate view of a metal detecting club and their members in the UK. It does poke gentle fun at some of the members, but never in a mean way. I love the way Lance was very reluctant to let another member use his CTX 3030. Hundreds of other good scenes in this show that never lost its focus on metal detecting.

The best- my wife & I love it and have watched the first two seasons at least three times.

Some many great scenes and dialog.

one of my fav shows. I have all 3 seasons on dvd. I used to watch pirated episodes that would be uploaded the day after they would air on BBC.

Great show!!! My wife and I have watched the first 2 seasons. My wife actually laughed out loud a few times...Season 3 is out there somewhere, but I haven't had the chance to see it yet. There are a few threads on here relating to the show.

I'm from the UK, but have been living in the US for years. I've seen the entire series of Detectorists twice this past month.

Season 3 is available on Acorn, and includes a fun documentary on the making of Detectorists. Acorn is like a British only Netflix. You can sign up for a free one week trial of Acorn.

The whole family loves it. I've see seasons 1 and 2 about 3 or 4 times. My wife bought season 3 on DVD for me last week. I've only seen half so far.

I have Amazon Prime and wasn't happy with the increase in price, didn't think I'd ever watch one of the movies or tv shows. But happy to find out that "The Detectorists" is available. Just checked it out and watched some of the first episode. And quite happy that my slow internet plays it ok with out pausing.

Thanks for the info.

What is amazing is the people i meet on the beach who dont detect tell me they love the show.

Yep, we watched all 3 seasons and Loved the show. We watched it on the Wisconsin PBS station here. They were also selling some dvd's.

primetime

My wife did the same thing with Starz and Showtime. Maybe I could have found some good shows since there are none on the old network tv except maybe Big Bang Theory.

Loved it, you can watch all the episodes on Youtube as well. Just search as follows Detectorists S1E1 etc. I watched all 3 seasons on YT

Back
Top Bottom